Crowdfunding for Skin Printer Input

What do you think I should name this venture?

• Flite Tats

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Flite Skins

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Rasterworks

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Skin Print

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sknz by Rasterize

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Plane Ink

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flite Sknz

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
Title Garphic.jpg

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Change the "Flite Skins" to "RasterWorks". Maybe a subtitle that says "Liveries for model aircraft" or something? Also, I agree that you should look at other font options.

Seahunter

I do like where you're going with this. Great progress, looking forward to seeing it become more than a dream, a great step forward for our hobby! :D

Rasterize

Mentor
Oh yeah - that looks great! :D

Thanks! Yep. Getting there.

Change the "Flite Skins" to "RasterWorks".

I like Rasterworks better to Dan. Eventually I'd like to play with my own website "RasterWorks" is available ....at $1,495 :oops::eek::LOL::unsure:(n)

Maybe a subtitle that says "Liveries for model aircraft" or something? Also, I agree that you should look at other font options.

I Like it!

It's pretty cool that the 3 planes on the right of your graphic are in my house right now!

That's is cool!

I do like where you're going with this. Great progress, looking forward to seeing it become more than a dream, a great step forward for our hobby! :D

Thank you sir! I appreciate your support and advice!

Rasterize

Mentor
Too many planes in the oven right now. Who supposed to make the video? (That would be me) Who is supposed to write the catchy and witty description that will drive the backers to my side by the thousands? (Also me) And I still need this eye candy for the exclusive backer rewards.
Speaking of...
1553580423567.png

Rasterize

Mentor
Holy smokes! May already! Thought about this project every day. Even started a website dedicated to it. It also looks like I may not need a kickstart after all. May be able to scrape together the funds on my own
. On top of it all getting close to finishing the FT P40 skins. Just finished the basic canopy layout. Take a look. Sorry this has taken so long. Life keeps throwing curves. :\ Haven't struck out yet!
1557123314446.png

Rasterize

Mentor
Rasterize, would you please post the website address for us? I am thinking about getting some skins and I want to deal with you. Thanks,
HDK

Thanks HDK. I will be sure to post it when I start taking orders. HAve not quite gotten there yet.

Big Matt

I’m very new to this forum 2 days now but your skins is what brought me here. I’m in for $200 on your venture. The way I see it is you have put in tons of work already that I can download for free that would be at least worth 200 bucks of my time. Probably more. It’s a bargain to say the least. Beautiful work!

Rasterize

Mentor
I’m very new to this forum 2 days now but your skins is what brought me here. I’m in for $200 on your venture. The way I see it is you have put in tons of work already that I can download for free that would be at least worth 200 bucks of my time. Probably more. It’s a bargain to say the least. Beautiful work!
Hi Big Matt!
First off welcome! The FT community is the best RC plane community out there IMHO and we are always happy to see folks join us!
Secondly thank you for your kind words and offer of support. Trying to get the financial end of things finalized on my end. I'm hoping to pull this off without going to Kickstarter if I can. However I have a daughter getting married in 3.5 weeks and I'm still bleeding money! lol Wish me luck!

Big Matt

Hi Big Matt!
First off welcome! The FT community is the best RC plane community out there IMHO and we are always happy to see folks join us!
Secondly thank you for your kind words and offer of support. Trying to get the financial end of things finalized on my end. I'm hoping to pull this off without going to Kickstarter if I can. However I have a daughter getting married in 3.5 weeks and I'm still bleeding money! lol Wish me luck!

There is a bright shinny side to your daughter getting married. She can make you lots of little grandchildren that will be your future flying buddy's. Hang in there! No rush but I'm looking forward to making an order with your new company. I'm just up the road from you a bit in North Phoenix and when school time gets out I'm planning on doing a bunch of builds with my kids as well as all of there friends. We hope to have some really cool skins to make these birds fly in style at least one time... LOL. One thing about these teenagers. They love to fly fast and crazy. It makes one heck of an airshow. I should charge for admission.

Rasterize

Mentor
So I placed an order for a Canon imagePROGRAF iPF670 24" Large-Format Inkjet Printer on Saturday. Should be here is 5 to 7 business days. This is awesome since I just put the finishing touches on the Beta set of these and really want to test them soon.
FT P40 Flyinf Tiger Skin Set Proof.jpg

Each skin sheet is 24X36 and the plans are a massive 24X84!

Depending on how sales go will determine if I need to do a kickstart. The printer is 12 months interest free!

ROFL! Two seconds after I posted this I saw an issue in the skins! Camo on wings are the same. Should be (and was) different. Already fixed. :)

Last edited: