CRRC 26cc HELP!

Chuppster

How much adjustment do you have on the timing? Is the ignition sensor slotted? You may want to advance the timing a bit.

Bricks

Master member
Touching the timing could be a bad idea though. Might end up worse for wear. Plus it should be set

Not necessarily as being a used engine never know what someone has done.

Since he is getting no adjustment by turning the needles then there is something wrong yet with the carb or fuel supply. Even with timing off some should notice change in running while turning the mixture screws.

Chuppster

Not necessarily as being a used engine never know what someone has done.

Since he is getting no adjustment by turning the needles then there is something wrong yet with the carb or fuel supply. Even with timing off some should notice change in running while turning the mixture screws.

I would definitely play with the timing.

The only other thing I can think it would be is the ignition.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Dumb question... If it idles good and all else seems set proper yet no power that leaves fuel delivery. On most IC motors a weak fuel pump would show this. Does this fuel system have or need pressure from the exhaust fed back to the fuel tank to push fuel at higher throttle?

FlyingWithRyan

Elite member
Dumb question... If it idles good and all else seems set proper yet no power that leaves fuel delivery. On most IC motors a weak fuel pump would show this. Does this fuel system have or need pressure from the exhaust fed back to the fuel tank to push fuel at higher throttle?
No exhaust pressure line on this engine. The fuel bowl diaphragm felt okay when I disassembled the carb. Redid the tank lines before starting too. Im scratchin my head here. Did some more tweaks and Ill try to start her again when I have time. Might have something to do with the 10°f Wisconsin winters too 🤔

Chuppster

I've had engines that idle fine but when you throttle up the timing is too far retarded, and it just won't make power. That's why I suggested advancing the timing a few degrees to see if it'll help. If done wisely it won't damage the engine.

Another thing to try would be to disassemble, clean, and rebuild the carb. That can be done affordably, I think it's usually less than $10 for a rebuild kit.