Cub build along

Draftman1

mine was scratch built, I cut it out and got it ready before the live cast.
its bad weather here today, Im not sure when I will get to maiden it

CapnBry

Elite member
@Michael763 and @Draftman1 had cool landing gear on theirs so I tried to add some to mine real quick with some big ole 3" wheels. Worked ok on the concrete driveway so I attempted to transition to the lawn at speed. Immediately ripped through the folded foam bit inside. Welp, that was fast! One day I will have landing gear that doesn't rip off on the first day. One day.

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
Oh look at this fancy guy with his painted plane. Man that looks perfect too.

I maidened mine this morning and other than needing a little down trim and for me to not say "Eh, the FT guys are always conservative with their CGs, I'm sure this is fine. OH NO". The Samguk 2206 2400KV worked with a 6x4 prop on 3S with plenty of power, but I was pulling over 20A on my 18A ESC.
Check that landing at the end, I was at full throttle and that battery was DEAD after the 12 minutes of flight. I wonder how long I can fly... oh this is it right now.

Good flight! But better spaghetti western music hehe.

Michael9865

Elite member
@Michael763 and @Draftman1 had cool landing gear on theirs so I tried to add some to mine real quick with some big ole 3" wheels. Worked ok on the concrete driveway so I attempted to transition to the lawn at speed. Immediately ripped through the folded foam bit inside. Welp, that was fast! One day I will have landing gear that doesn't rip off on the first day. One day.

Sad to hear that your landing gear ripped out. I am hopeful that mine don’t do that when I am able to go to the field and test fly it. A side effect of the quarantine is that I have six planes to maiden. One from earlier and five since COVID-19 has hit. I have another on my building board for tomorrow.