Solved cub s+ on 10x8 prop

alejo048814

How does the cub s+ performs on 10x8 propeller incuded with the floats? Any recommendations, suggestions or advice?

Innaviation

I don't have any particular experience with the cub s+ but I will say that changing the prop size from a 9 inch to 10 inch doesn't normally have a huge difference in flying characteristics on most planes. If the prop was included with the floats then Its probably best to use the 10 inch prop at least when you have the floats on. Either way It probably won't hurt to try the 10 inch prop on the cub s+

alejo048814

I don't have any particular experience with the cub s+ but I will say that changing the prop size from a 9 inch to 10 inch doesn't normally have a huge difference in flying characteristics on most planes. If the prop was included with the floats then Its probably best to use the 10 inch prop at least when you have the floats on. Either way It probably won't hurt to try the 10 inch prop on the cub s+
Thanks man yeah may find some torque for short take offs without them too so

whackflyer

Master member
How does the cub s+ performs on 10x8 propeller incuded with the floats? Any recommendations, suggestions or advice?
I wouldn't recommend that. The stock prop on the Cub S+ is a 9x6. The first thing to worry about is over stressing your esc and motor. That is a big jump in pitch and your also going up an inch in diameter. This will cause excess amp draw and will over stress your esc and motor causing them to burn out. Second concern is that the 10x8 is really not the right type of prop for your type of plane. It's more of a speed prop. It won't accelerate or climb near as well as a 9x6. Stick with the 9x6 is what I'd highly recommend. Happy flying!
Screenshot_20200519-224821.jpg

alejo048814

I wouldn't recommend that. The stock prop on the Cub S+ is a 9x6. The first thing to worry about is over stressing your esc and motor. That is a big jump in pitch and your also going up an inch in diameter. This will cause excess amp draw and will over stress your esc and motor causing them to burn out. Second concern is that the 10x8 is really not the right type of prop for your type of plane. It's more of a speed prop. It won't accelerate or climb near as well as a 9x6. Stick with the 9x6 is what I'd highly recommend. Happy flying! View attachment 169400
Alright gotcha no want to burn nothing for the moment