Cub S+'s Common Cheap Knife Water Rudder

alejo048814

Cub S+'s Common Cheap Knife Water Rudder
image.jpg

Last edited:

Aireal Anarchist

Elite member
the weight and the drag induced from the water is going to suck your tail down and you will have diffculty taking off the water If you can

if your buying floats there are a few rudder designs that attach to the back of the floats that work well

alejo048814

the weight and the drag induced from the water is going to suck your tail down and you will have diffculty taking off the water If you can

if your buying floats there are a few rudder designs that attach to the back of the floats that work well
Isn't too similar to this one? And its tight with the rottor, no movement to the sides.
Will it not pull back with the drag and make it go out of the water?
I'm planning to put some light long spring or light rubber band from the horizontal bar of the pontoons.
Soft soft Soft so it can do that and return where's not enough wind to turn with air rudder
45869DB3-4B17-437E-BB33-526CD43A894C.jpeg
9A3BB475-B243-4FEF-AB42-1427BA06B49E.jpeg
744636B7-DF6E-4455-AEEC-480976335138.jpeg

Last edited:

alejo048814

Also i don't know m, it doesnt look like it weights too much, is aluminum jaja i don't give up so easily jajajaja what you thnk bout

alejo048814

From Colombia with love jajajaja
image.jpg

Aireal Anarchist

Elite member
the one you made has much more metal much heavier and more surface area to cause more drag and it will also change your Center of Gravity with that weight so far back and tail heavy planes are no fun
your carbon cub has enough power for that wire type of rudder so why not replicate it from heavier gauge push rod wire and a piece of credit card plastic

mota ! gracias

Last edited:

alejo048814

I like the ones in the pontoons but a turbo timber its a better idea, calmly after learning well in this one that its more floaty and lighter to land