Curious Question Open Transmitter

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Yeah that IX system rates right up there with DJI digital in my book. You couldn't give me one. Bad enough I deal with constant bombardment of commercials online, on tv, on radio.. no way in #%#$ I will let it infect my fly time. You KNOW that's where its wiggling its way in. Wont be down with having to watch ads before I can boot my radio to fly uh uhh no way.. Id stop flying before crap like that is tolerated.
The more complex and proprietary it is, the less I want to deal with it. At some point they will quit providing updates, at which point, now that it is internet capable, it will become a vulnerability liability.... If i want that, I'll just fly using my laptop, which I can at least upgrade the OS on my own.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Yeah that IX system rates right up there with DJI digital in my book. You couldn't give me one. Bad enough I deal with constant bombardment of commercials online, on tv, on radio.. no way in #%#$ I will let it infect my fly time. You KNOW that's where its wiggling its way in. Wont be down with having to watch ads before I can boot my radio to fly uh uhh no way.. Id stop flying before crap like that is tolerated.
Hey now! :LOL: I guess it just comes down to personal prefrence. I wouldn't touch a dji osmo action since I'm a loyal GoPro customer. Likewise, I'm a huge fan of spektrum products and there's a lot of cool tech going on in the IX series.

Bricks

Master member
You could update and reset pids and any thing else in Beta Flight right from where you are at no lap top needed. Nobody says you have to use any other apps.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I disagree with you when it comes to the choice of transmitters you made. The X7S (ACCST) is way better bang (I got mine for 100bucks from Hobbyking) for the buck (hallgimbals and Bluetooth and bigger display).

Maybe the Jumper T18 or wait for a future Radiomaster Product.

A lot of people sell their ACCST TXs/RXs because they like to move on to Access or Crossfire which means used ACCST RX/TX are cheap right now.

I have not heard ANYONE selling ACCT to move to ACCESS... In fact its the opposite Many are actually boycotting FRsky for going proprietary. I agree that most people if anything are just popping the Crossfire / R9 modules into what ever radio they are using though.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I have not heard ANYONE selling ACCT to move to ACCESS... In fact its the opposite Many are actually boycotting FRsky for going proprietary. I agree that most people if anything are just popping the Crossfire / R9 modules into what ever radio they are using though.
I find myself in that situation. I was really ticked when right after they came out with the R9 gear, and FINALLY got it bug free, they immediately made it all obsolete. Fortunately I have enough of the non OTA/2019 RXes to last me for a long time. They even tried to make all that gear non functional to tother TXes by releasing a bogus update to patch a supposed obscure bug..... >sigh<

The RXes should be ACCESS capable, yet they fail to support many of them, forcing a complete replacement situation. If that is the case, I'd be hard pressed to want to buy back into that ecosystem.

Last edited: