Current project....Mini Talon

Hondo76251

Legendary member
So many variables when testing from the ground like that. Even out where I live (no competing RF to worry about) I've never had much luck testing range in a similar fashion. I just test on the fly (pun intended) now. A good flight controller with RTH is all you need! lol

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
So many variables when testing from the ground like that. Even out where I live (no competing RF to worry about) I've never had much luck testing range in a similar fashion. I just test on the fly (pun intended) now. A good flight controller with RTH is all you need! lol
Im thinking that once I have the mini talon flying reliably and consistantly with the 5.8Ghz video transmission I may just attach the 1.3Ghz video transmitter temporarly and test like that (test how you fly!)

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Ouch! I'm thinking about doing a bungie launcher this year with a foot release. Should make some of the race wings launch much better.

Cheers!
LB

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Ouch! I'm thinking about doing a bungie launcher this year with a foot release. Should make some of the race wings launch much better.

Cheers!
LB
It certainly does help with a larger and heavier model. I have a 6600mAh 4S battery in the mini talon so its a fair weight to throw reliably. I don't usually have a lot of problems throwing lighter wings that are usually quite overpowered ;)

Last edited:

Wildthing

Legendary member
Tried to fly the Mini Talon today but three rubbish throws from other club members (who should know better!!) meant I took it home for repairs. Nothing major but damnit I wanted to fly it!
So currently 3D printing a tow hook and I'll use my homebuilt bungie launcher in future, no more crappy throws :D:D

That sucks ,

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
I call this "no more dodgy throws!!"
IMG_20200123_204942994.jpg

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Surprising what you do when staying at home is the new norm. Added some Multiplex plugs and sockets so no more trailing servo connectors when setting up the Mini Talon.
IMG_20200411_182808260.jpg
Really hope I will get some decent flights on this beautiful plane this year!

Last edited:

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Spent way too long on a head tracking module from HobbyKing last night, finally got it turned in and working through the buddy box lead on the Jumper T8SG plus V2 and then passing through the iNav running Flight computer.
Have it on a 3 position switch - manual using the side slides for pan and tilt, head tracking, and locked forward for take offs and landings.
Come on lockdown, let me go fly!!!!!!

Last edited: