• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Custom Decals?

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
From what I´ve heard and what I did, the best way of doing that if you really want to customize nicely, go to a copy shop and make them copy stickers for you and that doesn´t cost too much either.

Pilot-294

heres what i did, i was figuring that ill do it this way till i am confident i won't break a cowl very often lol i tape-laminated some printed images and taped them to the nose. needed some nose art that was "me" hahaha since I'm headed into the USAF i put USAF and USAAF stickers on the front

photo-7.JPG photo-8.JPG

figure it will look great from a distance lol

Pilot-294

thanks for the ideas, ill have to look into the vinyl prints, looking for something do-it-yourself... wonder if theres clear vinyl instead of the white

earthsciteach

If you want cheap and easy, I can show you that. If you want "looking good" close up, well, stop being so damned picky. The decals I made for my Super Cub were just stolen images from the internet (open source-leave me along copyright police) printed on photo quality paper. I bought super thin, double sided sticky stuff at Michael's to adhere.

They looked great until you and I went flying in the snow that day.... Now they look AWESOME! Tye dye AAF insignias!

Shady

Just getting around to the forum again and noticed this thread.
If anyone needs some custom decals made or designed, I can make them for you and mail them out.

I made the first big bunch of the flitetest logos for Chad last year. I think they came out pretty well.
Send me a PM or reply if needed.

Thanks,
Alan
aka Shady