Custom Electric ducted fan

Clement

Hello guys. I live in a country where I do not have easy access to an electric ducted fan. I am thinking of building my own. I intend to build a 30mm edf using a motor obtained from a quadcopter. I intend to print the fan and a cylindrical duct with a 3d printing service. Please how practical is my plan, do you think I can get about 300g of thrust from such an arrangement. Please post a 3d printable fan that would be very efficient at 30mm diameter if you have such available so I can print it. Will really appreciate that. In summary
1. Do you guys think my project is practical and will generate reasonable thrust? (about 300g)
2. Can someone please post a 3d file of an efficient 30mm diameter fan so I can print this .

Thank you guys. Awaiting your response

Chuppster

Hello guys. I live in a country where I do not have easy access to an electric ducted fan. I am thinking of building my own. I intend to build a 30mm edf using a motor obtained from a quadcopter. I intend to print the fan and a cylindrical duct with a 3d printing service. Please how practical is my plan, do you think I can get about 300g of thrust from such an arrangement. Please post a 3d printable fan that would be very efficient at 30mm diameter if you have such available so I can print it. Will really appreciate that. In summary
1. Do you guys think my project is practical and will generate reasonable thrust? (about 300g)
2. Can someone please post a 3d file of an efficient 30mm diameter fan so I can print this .

Thank you guys. Awaiting your response

Well, 3d printed fans are not the most effective when it comes to EDF's. 3d printers have limitations that make it difficult to build an efficient blade, especially on the 30mm scale. Another thing to consider, with a typical 22mm quad motor you'll be blocking most of your exhaust with your outrunner, which isn't typically designed for sustained high-load scenarios.

People have tried it, but I am yet to see a good design. I'd hate for you to spend money on a 3d printing service and get back something you can't use.

Clement

Thanks so much guys. Please what website can I purchase a cost effective 30mm edf with batteries, transmitter, electronic speed control, receivers etc that would be able to ship to Africa. From the responses, it seems the 3D printed EDF wont be efficient.