Custom GIANT multirotor - 25lbs payload, 20 minutes flight

Raptortech

Foam Addict
Parts are starting to come in!!! Check out these beasts!
IMG_1105.JPG

nilsen

Haha, wow, where did you find that miniaturised Phantom, it's such a good scale model ;)

In all seriousness, that thing is massive!

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
Wow, the second photo, I thought I was looking at an ancient Nazca image from 3000 feet. ;)

Those are some serious helical wire isolators. Must be 60g apiece x 8? All the CF there looks like 4mm or more.

It's just an observation, but why are the booms so incredibly long? It appears, if those are 26" props, you're going to easily have 400mm+ between the prop tips and the frame once the motors are mounted. Are you trying to have ultra fine control over pitch and roll?

Raptortech

Foam Addict
Motors came today in some very fancy boxes.
IMG_1219.JPG IMG_1220.JPG IMG_1221.JPG IMG_1222.JPG

Posing with a boring old 2212.
IMG_1228.JPG

And now I basically have everything I need to start assembly. Except the time, that is...
IMG_1214.JPG IMG_1218.JPG IMG_1226.JPG

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
I think if I had that sitting waiting for me to assemble it....I'd put eating, sleeping and breathing lower on the priority list if it got me more time :D

Raptortech

Foam Addict
I think if I had that sitting waiting for me to assemble it....I'd put eating, sleeping and breathing lower on the priority list if it got me more time :D

Ditto! Unfortunately I've got several other aircraft that I have to keep operational for work in the meantime, and our S1000 (recently converted to Pixhawk) is giving me a hard time.

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
My company does a lot of visual inspection of roof systems. I would love to talk the boss into going for something like this. When a company is involved, $5K for just the multi is no big deal. But it's way out of 'permissible' reach for me if only used for entertainment. :(

joshuabardwell

Mentor
My company does a lot of visual inspection of roof systems. I would love to talk the boss into going for something like this. When a company is involved, $5K for just the multi is no big deal. But it's way out of 'permissible' reach for me if only used for entertainment. :(

Frankly, you could easily cover this type of need for around $1000-$1500... A Phantom or equivalent could do the job. OP needs to be lifting a heavy digital camera. You could probably get by with a GoPro.

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
That's is a monster.

And the cool thing is I imagine you have some decent pieces of the tube left for something else.

Just curious, did the TV station provide the white background screen?