CustomRCMods Concorde Build Project

Vimana89

Legendary member
Awesome!

Being completely transparent, This plane was so easy to fly!!! It was my first EDF experience, and a very good one indeed. It high alphas real well, glides pretty well considering the wing size, and is really predictable all around. I have only been flying for 3 months and have never once crashed this airplane. Like the viggen, I find the nose to be the main part that takes the damage if you do nose it in.

The plans should be old hat if you have built FT before, as a lot of the same tactics are used. This plane is over 6 feet long with a 30 inch wingspan and builds in under 4 sheets of foam! Of course you can run any 4s compatible 64 or 70mm edf unit, paired with a 40a+ esc. I am using cheapo SG90 9g servos, and a Spektrum AR6210 RX, with a 4s 1300. I am quite confident that this plane can be built for under 60 bucks easy...

Anyway, needless to say I am so happy with how it turned out. It would mean a lot to me if you built my Concorde and shared your thoughts about it on this thread!
I have a 3s 1300 and 40a ESC from my previous failed build. I could try it as a 64mm 3s or upgrade to 4s. EDFs will be a new ballgame to me and I'm struggling as it is with my scratch prop builds, so it will be good for me to go off plans for my first EDF build. I'll give it a go when I get a chance and plans are released, it's the perfect candidate for my first EDF.

CustomRCMods

Elite member
I have a 3s 1300 and 40a ESC from my previous failed build. I could try it as a 64mm 3s or upgrade to 4s. EDFs will be a new ballgame to me and I'm struggling as it is with my scratch prop builds, so it will be good for me to go off plans for my first EDF build. I'll give it a go when I get a chance and plans are released, it's the perfect candidate for my first EDF.

You are definitely going to want a 4s, especially with a 64mm unit. I am quite confident that It can handle 64mm, as It cruises at about 1/3 throttle on my 70mm. I did try to run it on a 3s 2200 with limited success. I was able to get it going but had to keep full throttle to keep it airborne. So I guess it isn’t even worth going the 3s route, especially with a 64mm. Please keep me posted on how it goes! plans will be up in the next few days!

Vimana89

Legendary member
You are definitely going to want a 4s, especially with a 64mm unit. I am quite confident that It can handle 64mm, as It cruises at about 1/3 throttle on my 70mm. I did try to run it on a 3s 2200 with limited success. I was able to get it going but had to keep full throttle to keep it airborne. So I guess it isn’t even worth going the 3s route, especially with a 64mm. Please keep me posted on how it goes! plans will be up in the next few days!
Seeing as the only thing from that setup that will probably transfer is my 40a ESC, I will likely go with a 70mm fan as well since your plan is built around that and will just be easier.

CustomRCMods

Elite member
Seeing as the only thing from that setup that will probably transfer is my 40a ESC, I will likely go with a 70mm fan as well since your plan is built around that and will just be easier.

Sounds good! the XSOURCE unit that I purchased is perfect for this model if you are interested in a low cost option. I can’t see any flaws with it yet...

CustomRCMods

Elite member
I would build if I had an EDF!

Makes sense. As I stated before I am running a really cheap XSOURCE 70mm 6 blade unit. Power is in excess and i haven’t had any issues yet. I got it shipped to my door for less than 25 bucks! Link to that is above, a few posts ago. Happy flying!

Vimana89

Legendary member
Been busy with some RTF stuff and my own custom project but I'll be building this soon once I get a bit of spare cash to get the parts. I can definitely fly a plane like this if I can just figure out how to get the elevons perfect.

CustomRCMods

Elite member
Been busy with some RTF stuff and my own custom project but I'll be building this soon once I get a bit of spare cash to get the parts. I can definitely fly a plane like this if I can just figure out how to get the elevons perfect.

Sounds Good. I have found that you need a lot of throw on the elevons for proper elevator control.