CustomRCMods YouTube Channel - New Videos Daily

CustomRCMods

Elite member
I thought the racecraft rotors looked so gross. I don't know why but I just despised the look of them!

Yeah... Especially the metallic gold dust. I mean im not overly picky, props are props and i will fly what I’ve got, their performance wasn’t bad, but I think the Gemfans beat them out easily, not to mention that they will break on every single crash... that is just disheartening :(.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Nice flights bud you are progressing quite quickly from that first video you launched the quad over the houses. Your confidence in speaking to the camera is getting better too.

Some comments on what you said here that may help you as you further progress as a pilot. First. Dont worry about people getting bored with the same spot. Flying in the same spot gives you two things, familiarity and repetitiveness. That is one of the reasons you are getting better so quick. Dont get caught in that hype trap shill pilots use showing all the newest stuff because it gets handed to them to do so. Be a better pilot before being the entertainer.

The more you repeat and use the same gear the better you will be and the faster you will learn from using it. I started out on KISS gear and didnt have all the fancy bells and whistles that Betaflight uses. Ill tell you straight up do NOT rely on the hype of the new features as being the best thing since sliced bread. They are tools just like a prop wrench or hex driver. It all boils down to PIDS as to how well your gear flys. All the rest just manipulates the pids in various ways to mask inadequacies of poor quality gear choices or bad flying habits.

You mention the quad flys smooth to you and you dont know why. To me it was shaking like an epileptic (NOT rippin on the gear or the skills just teaching here) Part is the set up and part of it is your skills as you are just learning to control the quad. You should now be thinking ahead of prop wash management and how to exit maneuvers to produce less of it as even the best gear will never clean up prop wash if you are constantly flying in the worst parts of it. This is where newer pilots get into a habit of chasing tunes or forever changing filter settings. That or falling on to the hype train tracks where they think all the fancy filters will cure their problems. Its because newer pilots dont know enough to separate the gear settings from poor pilot habits or early on or to even recognize the way they fly is the issue not the gear that separates a good pilot from average.

For now forget about tuning, forget about entertaining and focus on consistency and repetitiveness so you will eventually get that Ah HA!!! moment and understand what you did slightly different on a particular maneuver that made it perfect and what you have been doing before that made it not so good. Once you start seeing things like that THEN you can worry about tuning or filtering and not just ride the filter hype because Bardwell or Mr Steele said this is what they do.

Your videos AND reputation for good advise will be more solid instead of being just another person regurgitating someone elses words or hype.

For now I suggest staying consistent as much as possible, learn how to exit maneuvers to minimize prop wash and shaking, and work more on balancing your controls as these flights are looking like you are learning Nascar syndrome where you mainly turn or roll left. We ALL favor one side or other when we first start and its hard to break that once its ingrained. Keep at it as much as you can it really shows in your flying all ready.

CustomRCMods

Elite member
Nice flights bud you are progressing quite quickly from that first video you launched the quad over the houses. Your confidence in speaking to the camera is getting better too.

Some comments on what you said here that may help you as you further progress as a pilot. First. Dont worry about people getting bored with the same spot. Flying in the same spot gives you two things, familiarity and repetitiveness. That is one of the reasons you are getting better so quick. Dont get caught in that hype trap shill pilots use showing all the newest stuff because it gets handed to them to do so. Be a better pilot before being the entertainer.

The more you repeat and use the same gear the better you will be and the faster you will learn from using it. I started out on KISS gear and didnt have all the fancy bells and whistles that Betaflight uses. Ill tell you straight up do NOT rely on the hype of the new features as being the best thing since sliced bread. They are tools just like a prop wrench or hex driver. It all boils down to PIDS as to how well your gear flys. All the rest just manipulates the pids in various ways to mask inadequacies of poor quality gear choices or bad flying habits.

You mention the quad flys smooth to you and you dont know why. To me it was shaking like an epileptic (NOT rippin on the gear or the skills just teaching here) Part is the set up and part of it is your skills as you are just learning to control the quad. You should now be thinking ahead of prop wash management and how to exit maneuvers to produce less of it as even the best gear will never clean up prop wash if you are constantly flying in the worst parts of it. This is where newer pilots get into a habit of chasing tunes or forever changing filter settings. That or falling on to the hype train tracks where they think all the fancy filters will cure their problems. Its because newer pilots dont know enough to separate the gear settings from poor pilot habits or early on or to even recognize the way they fly is the issue not the gear that separates a good pilot from average.

For now forget about tuning, forget about entertaining and focus on consistency and repetitiveness so you will eventually get that Ah HA!!! moment and understand what you did slightly different on a particular maneuver that made it perfect and what you have been doing before that made it not so good. Once you start seeing things like that THEN you can worry about tuning or filtering and not just ride the filter hype because Bardwell or Mr Steele said this is what they do.

Your videos AND reputation for good advise will be more solid instead of being just another person regurgitating someone elses words or hype.

For now I suggest staying consistent as much as possible, learn how to exit maneuvers to minimize prop wash and shaking, and work more on balancing your controls as these flights are looking like you are learning Nascar syndrome where you mainly turn or roll left. We ALL favor one side or other when we first start and its hard to break that once its ingrained. Keep at it as much as you can it really shows in your flying all ready.

Thanks for the advice, yeah it’s not perfect on the tune, when I talked about the smoothness it was really all about the stick feel, there is still some prop wash for sure that needs to be taken care of, not to mention that that gopro has 0 image stabilization.

Nascar syndrome... HAHA!! Perfect!! I do that all the time with all my planes and quads and I just needed a name for it. Thank you. I will be sure to use that.

Thanks for the encouraging words about my flying. I feel like I am progressing really well for being 2 months into acro flight. I don’t know if anyone can relate but it feels a lot like flying a plane fpv for some reason... not sure how but that helped me pick it up. I will be sure to keep making videos on my flying progress.