Cute cat, reindeers, scenery from small village in Lapland and tricopter with GoPro.

sandblaster

Very, very, very enjoyable. Right up there with the best I have seen. Thanks for sharing. Hope this is not the last we see of your country and your work. Love to see the same again in the summer.

Mikko Penttilä

Tnx. Its very nice to hear positive feedback. "same again in the summer" Hmm. Reindeer's aren't at the farm so its difficult to film those. But there is also a lot more time to film cos the sun doesn't set. Maybe someday.

Where this was filmed, we have snow cover from mid October to mid May.

PaulT

Mentor
Thanks for sharing. I actually had to google "Daddy Month" to figure out what you were talking about.
Congratulations.

sandblaster

Tnx. Its very nice to hear positive feedback. "same again in the summer" Hmm. Reindeer's aren't at the farm so its difficult to film those. But there is also a lot more time to film cos the sun doesn't set. Maybe someday.

Where this was filmed, we have snow cover from mid October to mid May.

Would like to see the country in the summer. With all the lakes it has to be very beautiful. The Reindeer are very cool, especially the very small one with a head of antlers and the all white one as well. Summer would bring out the quad and place the snowmobiles under the trees, but the scenery would be the same but so different without the snow. Look forward to more of your work. Really enjoy seeing the different scenery over the world.

By the way, what is the deal with the very small Reindeer? Different breed? Such a head of antlers should mean a full grow animal.

Fishbonez

Wow great color and picture!! Very nice thaks for sharing. Is that a gopro camera??? Just curiouse I have not seen such a clean picture except with a lot of high quality equipment.

*Edit* Oops I see in the title that it was a GoPro none the less great footage

Last edited:

sandblaster

Find myself watching over and over. Sure is some snow monster you have at 5:53. Did you know it was in your yard? grin

sandblaster

Mikko,

With family Easter Sunday and this video came up in discussion. The whole family watched it on the big TV. Lost of ohhs and ahhs with the words "beautiful", "gorgeous" expressed. Think this is very very close to the number one such video we have seen. Wanted you to know how much your work is appreciated. Thinking real hard of following your example. You gave me so many ideals.

Mikko Penttilä

Google:
Fathers can take a full month of paternity leave. This is referred to as 'daddy month'.

Actually in Finland, daddy month can last up to 6 weeks. And our Institute for Social Security pays about 80% of my normal payment.
So of course i took full 6 weeks. :)