• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

cutting foam board?

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
Just about any sharp knife works well. The more comfortable it is for you to handle, the better.

I use a box cutter and/or just its blades. I have also used exacto hobby knives. I prefer the box cutter and its blades.

As far as labor and accuracy, a lazer cutter would be the best. Short of that expense, a CNC works just as well.

jaredstrees

What Teajr66 said. I like the exacto for smaller spots and curves. Lots of patience! for me the cut out is the least favorite part of the build, and while I will get a speed kit on occasion, I can't usually justify the expense of a kit when you can cut it out yourself.

Keep your blades sharp and you'll be fine!

rfd

AMA 51668
sharp blade and ALWAYS cut at as severe an angle as possible. multiple passes may be best, too. also, be sure to hold the blade at 90* to the foam, else the cut edge will be at an unintended non-square angle!

Last edited:

Brett_N

Harbor Freight folding box cutter for the big blades - works the best on long cuts and is cheapest option.

image_25779.jpg

I invested about $100 in the Logan foam board kit. the 45 and 90 cutters are phenomenal.