Cyclops OSD - RTH and Altitude Hold

velus3k

Hi All,

I'm running version 1.1 of the OSD and plane isn't gaining altitude when switching to RTH.

I have settings RTH ALT at 200 ft and RTH ALT HOLD set to N. With these settings, if plane is below 200 ft and RTH is enabled, the plane should immediately gain altitude, correct?

From manual:
You can choose to lock the height of current height or preset height
in RTH mode, if this option is set to be off(set to N), the plane will
climb to the preset height if the current height is lower than preset
value, if not, the plane will maintain the current height to RTH.

marc60

Is it the storm or the new tornado?
The storm can't manage throttle I think, so you'll have to power up yourself or adjust failsave power?

lonewolf7717

Storm does not have throttle control, has to be worked into fail safe. Secondly are you giving the system enough time to initialize and lock in home base altitude? The craft should be showing 0m altitude at launch.

velus3k

Is it the storm or the new tornado?
The storm can't manage throttle I think, so you'll have to power up yourself or adjust failsave power?
Storm
Storm does not have throttle control, has to be worked into fail safe. Secondly are you giving the system enough time to initialize and lock in home base altitude? The craft should be showing 0m altitude at launch.
Where can I find more info on configuring fail safe? I am using a DX6i as transmitter and AR600 as receiver.

I think both of you are right... The fail safe configuration is beyond me right now but I think I can achieve an altitude gain by engaging RTH and taking throttle slightly higher than cruise speed. I am assuming OSD will move elevator down once RTH ALT of 200 ft is reached in order to counteract the altitude gain.