Dad crashed my plane

FishingMEDIC

So my pops and I decided to go fly our new planes. Mines been flown before, crashed and fixed, his is the maiden. We both flew rather well initially, then dad had a minor crash that required repairs. I let my dad give my sensei a try. Immediately after takeoff he said my sensei was way more squirrelly than his plane. He ended up losing his spacial awareness, and well, this is the result.

And before it gets mentioned, we don't try to fly near the plant, or power lines. Dad had an oopsie. We were at a local park that has 2 open ball fields. While not optimum, it is decent sized. Though we scouted and found a much larger location for future use.

3d08df1ce792e72faeb25a1fb3bf6921_zps39c56baa.jpg

c9e0864de4356e98f4b88dfbcecd0377_zpsdb89ffa1.jpg

e1a9e650a7118ef54a1baf4c96b70493_zps0adfc509.jpg

Thankfully, my grandfather is the head of the HOA, so we called him and got the code for the treatment plant and retrieved my fuselage. The wings stayed in the lines, so I ordered new ones :/

RoyBro

Mentor
Now that's funny. When I scrolled down and saw the wings in the wires I busted out laughing.

It's good to laugh.

Thanks for sharing.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
At least you were able the retrieve the fuse...So is Dad footing the bill for the replacements? or is the shame enough punishment?

That's a joke...it happens to all of us in some way or another. Usually in front of an audience...

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Yes, it's amazing how little we realize that until later! It's great you guys get that chance to fly together now.

FishingMEDIC

Growing up my folks were always pretty cool. Except when they caught me doing dumb things! lol

Dad was a Narcotics officer, mom was a pharmacy tech. The running joke in the family was mom sells drugs and dad busts other dealers.

He's gonna poop Legos when he sees his Xmas/birthday presents! Spitfire kit and power pack!

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Growing up my folks were always pretty cool. Except when they caught me doing dumb things! lol

Dad was a Narcotics officer, mom was a pharmacy tech. The running joke in the family was mom sells drugs and dad busts other dealers.

He's gonna poop Legos when he sees his Xmas/birthday presents! Spitfire kit and power pack!
Now that is funny! And awesome gifts!