DAL 6045 and 6x4.5 "Indestructible" Props

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Recently I picked up some DAL 6045 and 6x4.5 "indestructible" props from ReadyMadeRC. They are not bought and resold from Surveillzone where they are know to be available, rather they are bought directly from what RMRC claims as the same manufacturer. Trying out the 6045s I can tell they are much more flexible than nylon reinforced Gemfans or HQs, and slightly more flexible than ABS Gemfans. They do seem to be louder in the air, but this could be because they eventually end up with bent tips and nicks. The biggest question though is how durable they are, and the answer is in this quick video. I crashed this set of 6045s dozens of times, hitting trees, bushes, the ground, you name it and these props held up. The only casualty was eventually a bent blade, but no separation. The tips tend to deform slightly at the tips and eventually this causes vibrations that can be seen in the FPV camera, but not in the recording camera. Overall these are not for highly precise, high speed flying, but they are great beater props for practicing or fooling around.

Next I will try out the 6x4.5 props and compare. RMRC claims they are for slower, more floaty flying. I'll keep you guys updated whether or not that is true.

jipp

cool. do let us know. i have some of the ones from Surveillzone, but have not used them yet.

but it did take like 2 weeks to get my order.. would be nice to get them quicker. the ones from suveillzone are 6x4 i think.. i bought a couple of ets in the 5x4 too. i figure i would cut them down to 4 for a 180 frame.. is why i bought them, other wise ill stick with 6" i think.

chris.

jipp

what do they call them? do you know? just indestructible props?
err im a idiot.. Dal.. ok i found them..

seems the prices are no different too.. which is cool.
chris.

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
For those wondering...I'm STILL waiting for my props from surveilzone. Tracking number they sent me 11 days ago JUST started returning results this morning putting them in Kentucky?! Oh well, at least there's a package in the US now...hopefully it gets here and actually contains the props I ordered this time.

Wish I'd have US based options back when I placed this order 2 and a half months ago!

Fyathyrio

I ordered a set direct from dalprops.com and they shipped out of central IL to CA in 3 or 4 days. I got a set of 5045 bullnose that I trimmed down to 4045 to test on my 1306 motors for my 180mm setup. They cut fairly well using a Dremel cutting bit that shaves the plastic...not an abrasive style bit. Unfortunately they do not come with the little inserts to allow use on non-5mm motor shafts.

jipp

For those wondering...I'm STILL waiting for my props from surveilzone. Tracking number they sent me 11 days ago JUST started returning results this morning putting them in Kentucky?! Oh well, at least there's a package in the US now...hopefully it gets here and actually contains the props I ordered this time.

Wish I'd have US based options back when I placed this order 2 and a half months ago!

wow, we ordered the same day and you are just now getting notice? thats nuts man.. im glad we can get them in the states now..

crazy, i guess better late than never.

chris.

jipp

I ordered a set direct from dalprops.com and they shipped out of central IL to CA in 3 or 4 days. I got a set of 5045 bullnose that I trimmed down to 4045 to test on my 1306 motors for my 180mm setup. They cut fairly well using a Dremel cutting bit that shaves the plastic...not an abrasive style bit. Unfortunately they do not come with the little inserts to allow use on non-5mm motor shafts.

yeah thats why i bought them too.. cut them down.. thankfully if you buy gem fans you have tons of them inserts laying around.

will book mark dalprops.. when i bought them from the camera store, they di not even have a name just size, and saying they were durable.

chris.

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Unfortunately they do not come with the little inserts to allow use on non-5mm motor shafts.

Yeah that is one downside, but probably done to save costs. For someone like me who has 5mm shafts it is kinda convenient to pull out a prop and put it on without having to fuss with adding the adapter.

jipp

i see i made a mistake.. nothing new.. i did not buy props teh same day.. i ment the same week as it was you who recommended the props from bruce video.. doh..

yeah, my shafts are 5mm so far.. but im not sure what size that changes.. i know on the smaller motors for 1306s the size is smaller.. them are the motors i bougt for the 180 frame i plan on getting..

and i guess now you have a excuse to buy some more props just for the spacers we all have lots of.

i think that maybe why they are not included seems 5mm is the norm for at least quads that use 5/6" props.

chris.

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
wow, we ordered the same day and you are just now getting notice? thats nuts man.. im glad we can get them in the states now..

Not quite. I got the shipment quickly. (Order placed 5/20 received 6/1 I paid a little extra for slightly faster shipping with tracking) But it only had one set of props (I ordered 6) and a pair of 2.4ghz CP antennas I didn't order.

I contacted them and they said to keep what I got and they'd send a replacement. But it never showed up. After 2 months I contacted them again (Aug 3rd) and they agreed the replacement order must have been lost and said they'd resend my original order - even offered to toss in some new bullnose 5045's along with it to make up for the delay. And on the 4th gave me a USPS tracking number saying to give it 7 days before I would work.

When I started to post this morning I was going to say that the tracking number still didn't work but gave it another try and sure enough this morning it finally is responding 11 days after they sent it.

The one set of 5" they did send have been holding up very well. But they make power more like gemfan's than HQ's or FC's. Great for bashing around and learning...but I wouldn't buy a lot of them since they take abuse so well - two sets is probably sufficient. One to learn on and one as spares. I ordered as many as I did because I wanted to try both the 5" and the 6" on my 250 FPV quad and my hex.

jipp

thanks for the update. i also screwed up, i ordered a day or two after you as you are the one who brought these up to me. its good to hear they are at least durable like they say.. so it looks like i bought more than enough of them. i spent like 20.00 on them.. i hope i did buy at least two set of the 5" so i may have to buy a set of dal. also i was just gonna use scissors to cut them down to 4" but, i guess a dremel setup is the ideal.. but even dal only sells the 3d printed piece to do up to 5 bull; nose.. its to bad they can not make a 3d printed part that can do 6,5,4 bull nose.. al you would have to do is move the pin.. seems easy enough.. but i guess offering options is not cool. when you can sell 2 pieces for 10.00 a pop instead of one that can do it all for 10.00

anyhow.. i did notice on dal webpage they are a 1.00 more than on readymaderc which is odd if they are indeed the owner of the product id think they would offer the best deal. heh.

chris.

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
I cut down a bunch of FC 6045's to 5". Scissors worked just fine, gave them a quick balance check after and they were no worse than before my cutting. Just use good sharp scissors so they cut right through instead of squishing and deforming the airfoil.