dang short range...

Longbaorder23

Hey all,
just had a maiden flight range failure. flew an edf f-22 strait into the ground, as my range was about half of a soccer field. sucks! i emailed hobbyking and customer support says i could email pics of all the faulty/damaged equipment for possible refunds and/or store cred. hope it goes well!

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
It sucks when it happens. But you will probably learn to always make a range check before flight as in the manual. But i can assure that you will forget it and be sorry more times if you go on with the hobby for many years. I hope that you will get a refund, but actually, range check is something everyone is supposed to du before flight. I cant remember how many times i have started (the old radios) without pulling the antenna out. That is not happen any more with 2,4 ;-)

Longbaorder23

flysky ct6b. 2.4ghz. I know there is no interferance where i fly because ive flow there before and drove rc cars there before, all with 2.4ghz equipment, so im baffled.

Carbon

Elemental Madness
Yeah, my FrSky 2.4 with a patch is range tested out past 2km, you shouldn't be getting failsafes. Check both the transmitter and receiver antennas and always do a range check.

Longbaorder23

right after the flight i found the rx antenna on the ground, separated from the receiver. so possibly it was broken. but it wasnt physiclly disconnected, just electronically.... fail lol hope i get accident comp!

earthsciteach

Are you using the Turnigy or comparable receivers? If so, the antennas definitely have a weak connection to the board. I can't remember how many times I soldered mine on again. Usually, this was preceded by a crash. I finally switched to FrSky and have had no issues.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Are you using the Turnigy or comparable receivers? If so, the antennas definitely have a weak connection to the board. I can't remember how many times I soldered mine on again. Usually, this was preceded by a crash. I finally switched to FrSky and have had no issues.

After soldering add a spot of Hot Glue to act as a strain relief.

Thurmond

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Very Common. Some times Chinese soldering is great, other times NOT great. I make it a habit to check everything I purchase and make small "engineering" improvements as required.

Thurmond