(Das) Little Stick Parkflyer Plans

Michael9865

Elite member
This little plane is so much fun. I put a 2204 on it and now I barely have to go above half throttle. Still wasn’t able to get some inflight pictures or video.

925BF9AA-DE57-4BBF-9282-7889E8F09446.jpeg

RichardBH

Hey Guys, almost finished building the plane, but wondering which motor and prop to put on it. I have an Emax CF2812, which is probably overkill, but its what I could get from the AU hobby king store cheap, and it balances nicely as I am a bit tail heavy.
I am using a 950mAH 3S, and am coming in around 350 grams. What prop would you recommend?
Running it through ECalc, I am steering towards a 7x4 - but is this too big for this plane?
What are you guys using?

Attachments

• IMG-0361.jpg
    IMG-0361.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG-0362.jpg
    IMG-0362.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

tomlogan1

The ugly stick and its derivatives are timeless. While this thread is a bit old, there's always time for a new stick. Thanks for your plans.
IMG_20210917_092358771_HDR.jpg

tomlogan1

Hey Guys, almost finished building the plane, but wondering which motor and prop to put on it. I have an Emax CF2812, which is probably overkill, but its what I could get from the AU hobby king store cheap, and it balances nicely as I am a bit tail heavy.
I am using a 950mAH 3S, and am coming in around 350 grams. What prop would you recommend?
Running it through ECalc, I am steering towards a 7x4 - but is this too big for this plane?
What are you guys using?
I'm using 2500kv quad motor with a 6x4 prop and it flys well at all throttle settings. Your CF2812 would go well with a 7x6. I fly 2812-1534 on other planes with 7x5 or 7x6 props. Good luck.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
I am building yet another one but recently I built one with an young person set on going very fast.
The motor and ESC were left to the other party and the plane was built out of 3mm FB with Balsa LE and TE on the wing as well as balsa edges on the tail all sanded for better profile.
The fuselage used the paper on the outside surface only and had balsa stringers onto which the fuselage side, top and bottom pieces attached.
It flew so fast that I could not react quick enough and the plane did a number of very fast passes and was ridiculously manoeuvrable.
Sadly the ESC overheated and the receiver volts dropped resulting in a loss of control.
Still waiting on the photos but the other person has now moved onto 3D printed speedbirds.

Current build is a standard version for an inexperienced newbie so nothing out of the ordinary.

Have fun!