Dat Eagle

Namactual

Elite member
Aye, I can waste hours watching Mach Loop and Jedi Canyon vids. (y) The 4k vids look awesome on my new 27" 5k iMac as well. :cool:

That looks like the 494th FS, the "Panthers". At least the ones close enough to see the squadron logo anyway. I still plan on making a 493rd squadron skin at some point.

I have been busy with other things, but I have not forgot about this project. I did finish one of my top secret skins, but I have not built it yet. I am going to switch to the Air Show skin next so people can build that if they wish. I will post updates when I get some done.

Namactual

Elite member
1.jpg 2.jpg
:D:cool:

Namactual

Elite member
I love me some Ace Combat.(y)
There are a bunch of skins I would like to do eventually. Here are a few on my short list for the Eagle...
AceC1.jpg
Galm team, Sorcerer Active, and my custom Idle skin from AC:AH.
Starscream is the next to be built though, after the Active is done.

Namactual

Elite member
Woohoo, I finally got this bird in the air, it's only been waiting a year!:oops::rolleyes::cautious:

Anyway, here is the maiden flight.
Pretty uneventful, but the wind is rather chaotic so I did not get to do much other than patterns. The trim was pretty good without adjustment. Between this and the second battery I think my CG had a little nose bias and it could use a few clicks of pitch down trim. The only time I noticed was under WOT. It would climb just a taste.

I almost crashed @ about 3:42, had a bug fly up my nose. That's always fun. I had a nice landing though.
I have burned two batteries so far, and have another two on the charger. I will put together some highlights later.

Side note: I need to get a new camera. This one is probably 10 years old and it is starting to show it's age.:(

Namactual

Elite member
I am going to call the Active done...
a1.jpg a2.jpg a3.jpg a4.jpg Ap1.jpg
I am getting too picky again and it stalls my progress. It is not perfect, but good enough I guess.

I have some other things I need to do, but I will start the build tonight hopefully.