David's Mini Tricopter... Excitement

jipp

but the folding things seems to be a mix blessing.. as it can cause a crash, cod even lost a battery do to them.

chris.

C0d3M0nk3y

Posted a thousand or more times
I didn't lose a battery thankfully. None of the cells or wiring were damaged, so I was able to just tape it up and keep using it.

ScottyWarpNine

Mostly Harmless
Hey guys, I think I'm gonna do it. Cutting down my booms to about 4" should get me about 250mm hub diameter. Since the motors are more spaced than a quad I might be able to fit 7" props. Think They will let me race it at Flite Fest?

ScottyWarpNine

Mostly Harmless
So the standard RC explorer Tricopter has a diameter of about 635mm, at least that is what I measured on mine. I'm thinking I'll cut my booms down so that it has a diameter of about 450 for now, just to see what that is like.

I picked up a Naze32 board at Flite Fest 2015 to replace my HK NanoWii board and I just got it all set up and ready to go. This thing was a breeze to set up. I used David's stock firmware (for a standalone naze32 board) and it is perfect right from the start.

I did switch from 10x5 props to 8x4. My setup is way too light for the 10 inch props and my disc loading was too low. The 8x4 props feel much better, though I may try ones with a slightly higher pitch. Right now it will hover at about half throttle.