"Dead-Stick" Challenge!

Are you in?

• Total voters

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
The weather won’t let up here... However if there’s a break in the weather, I decided to use the old speedster since it has a great glide slope.
I know how you feel, I'm from Michigan and I never know what the next day is going to bring weather wise. It could be a perfect day one day then the next will be a blizzard. Although, the weather has calmed down a little after the snow came.

Phin G

Elite member
Im going to do a versa wing and have fabric sheets for bits of wings to act like a parachute foil if that is ok with the rules

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
Im going to do a versa wing and have fabric sheets for bits of wings to act like a parachute foil if that is ok with the rules
Here are the rules for the design of the airplane.
  1. The airplane that is used must have a motor/engine.
  2. The wingspan of your airplane can not exceed 115% of the length of the fuselage of your airplane.
  3. The flight must be done on relatively flat land (so no steep slopes or cliffs).

Just wondering if you had a rocket motor that lasted 10 sec could you use it or not since it doesn't state it in the rules
Yeah it's been asked earlier: you can use a rocket motor. But someone answered "Oh but that'll only run X seconds at best."
The rules state:
"1. You can only run the motor for the first ten seconds of your time."
That means you can be under powered flight for anything up to 10 seconds.

quorneng

Master member
In the highest England tier 4 restriction you can fly provided there only one other person there and you keep social distance but Boris is broadcasting this evening at 8 pm to announce further restrictions.

Phin G

Elite member
In the highest England tier 4 restriction you can fly provided there only one other person there and you keep social distance but Boris is broadcasting this evening at 8 pm to announce further restrictions.
Watching em now

Piotrsko

Master member
Just wondering if you had a rocket motor that lasted 10 sec could you use it or not since it doesn't state it in the rules
If you have a rocket motor that lasts 10 seconds, it will be powerfull enough to rip the wings off anything you build. Trust me on this, BTDT, had to move on when the Cops showed up since I busted class A airspace.
Hmmmmm. Hey @BlockerAviation : are parasails legal? Might be an issue if the rocket tube is shorter than the chute span. Or are 'chutes legal? I can do thermalling parachutes.

quorneng

Master member
The UK is now in a nationwide full 'lock down' so RC flying is rather questionable however just in case it should prove necessary I have prepared my plane to use a half size (& weight) battery that should both improve its climb rate and reduce its sink rate. ;)

william Metge

The UK is now in a nationwide full 'lock down' so RC flying is rather questionable however just in case it should prove necessary I have prepared my plane to use a half size (& weight) battery that should both improve its climb rate and reduce its sink rate. ;)
Ouch! Hope you can get out and fly.