Dead tx battery...

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
This isn't about crashing, but about not having the opportunity to do so. Last time I powered up my FPV 9x (equipped with FrSky module) the Voltage was 12.3. So no FPV for me today :( Was a stunning, bright, overcast and calm day for flying and getting some really good HD footage at Lambrigg Lookout.

Oh well. We returned to my place after running our 2s batteries through a Mini Swift and an Atom. Two cells were 3.7, one was 2.7. It's charging OK though. I'm not sure what's happened, as if the tx had been left on it'd have made lots of noise at the 9.9 low voltage alarm I've got set.

Anyhow, I guess it wasn't meant to be today.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Cell number 2 was still at 3.8 when the others hit 4.2. I've had the battery on the charger on balance mode for 90 minutes and it's only up to 3.9...

Carbon

Elemental Madness
Looks like you need a new one. I had a defective cell on my first ever Super Cub battery; I didn't realize it because I was using the crappy charger that comes with it. When I got my accel-6 I balanced them and on cell wouldn't gain voltage. I would just dispose of it safely.(don't go blowing up lipos! I know it's fun, but not safe! :D) Were you using one of the cheap hobbyking batteries? I really like the little orange one they sell for like $6.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
I'm starting to think that the on switch must have been bumped or something. It gained and held charge, but because it was so much lower than the others it just hasn't caught up. I'll keep at it to see if I can get it to 4.2. I'm using a Turnigy 2650 3s 1C tx pack, which is long life, high capacity, low discharge.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Now this is a bit weird... The battery balanced out to normal. I stuck it back in the same tx and it said it was supplying 14V! I took the battery from my other 9x and stuck it in, and it was reading 13.7V. So I stuck the recovered one in the other tx and it read 12.7, which I guess it about right.

Strange that the calibration was thrown out so badly. I'm really not sure what's happened. Thankfully everything seems fine, but I'll be watching what happens over the next few weeks.