Solved Dear FT ADMIN... Where Are You?

WillL84

It literally took days to get any action taken on that clown that was making threats against my life (and threatening others here) and not a word was said to me about it. Just one day that thread was gone and they were banned. Not a peep otherwise.

The the admins aren't going to actually be here to take care of that kind of stuff and all the spam then they should give people who are actually here every day (and trusted to the forums of course) the ability to do it.

Piotrsko

Master member
Would you be volunteering?

The pay sucks, the job is horrendously tedious and massively time consuming. Everyone dislikes what you do always. Hmm sounds like the complaint desk evewhere I have worked.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
+1, Hopeing everyone is OK.
Only 2 of the 6 above have even logged on recently. I'm sure it is a thankless job, hope things get back to normal soon.

Thanks to all of the Admins & Moderators. What a difference your absence has made.

BTW what is the difference between an Admin and a Moderator?

Last edited:

RossFPV

How do you even become a Moderator? Im sure if there was a easy way to apply there would be way more moderators.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
... Just report the post and it will get pruned faster.
That’s the problem, the admins has stopped responding to reports. At least they have stopped responding to my reports. Given the massive increase in spam, it appears they have stopped responding to all reports.

RossFPV

That’s the problem, the admins has stopped responding to reports. At least they have stopped responding to my reports. Given the massive increase in spam, it appears they have stopped responding to all reports.
If there was a way to apply for moderator there would be more moderators to stop spam.

MrClean

If there was a way to apply for moderator there would be more moderators to stop spam.
I think the way to get a job interview for a volunteer position still requires the individual to send the company a resume and letter of intent. Hi I'm X a long time modeler and forum member and I've noticed that some aspects have been lacking attention. IF the reasons for that are lack of volunteers here are my qualifications and reasons I'd like to join your team......
Might go a lot farther then, "They ain't as good as they used to be, nyah!" Frankly, when I started building some of their things with foam board, I would be really impressed to see they've graduated to that F-18 my buddy just built and sent me a picture of. Shoot, I was crew on the SPAD forum for a while and I loved the planes we put out, didn't have a video production setup, had some GREAT once a year flyins. Gotta admit, I'm a little jelly of the operation here.

WillL84

Would you be volunteering?

The pay sucks, the job is horrendously tedious and massively time consuming. Everyone dislikes what you do always. Hmm sounds like the complaint desk evewhere I have worked.

If I was invested here then I would. As it is I'm only on here like once a day if that. Even still once a day I'd still do a better job than is currently being done

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Hey guys, I'll see if I can get things caught up.

I changed jobs, moved, and have been focusing on the promotion and getting settled in. The day job does pay a bit better than the online one... since this one only pays in praise. And for mods, and admins, that's a currency rarely seen.

cyclone3350

Master member

I changed jobs, moved, and have been focusing on the promotion and getting settled in. The day job does pay a bit better than the online one... since this one only pays in praise. And for mods, and admins, that's a currency rarely seen.

Feel your pain. Made a move myself from IL to Ga. Been 6 mos from sale to new home & I still haven't started on setting up the work space for the toys yet. Hope U R enjoying the change as much as I am.

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!

Good to know you're ok. Got a bit worried about you, brother!