okrylan

Attachments

• IMG_7729 2.jpg
    IMG_7729 2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

quorneng

Master member
okrylan
Do you have any experience in flying an RC plane?
It would help if you gave some details of your build.
Is it a home design or from a plan.
What it is made of, its wing span, length and weight?
There is nothing wrong with the items you have identified (they are typical) but without more details of your plane it is hard to predict how well your plane might perform.

Sorry to be so negative but if you have no RC plane experience my judgement would be the chances of it flying are not good and the chances of you being able to control it are even smaller.

You would do much better to buy a simple 'ready to fly' trainer plane, it probably wont cost much more than the equipment you have identified and you know it will fly 'out of the box'.

This is of course just my opinion but you did ask.;)

TooJung2Die

Master member
Hello I am a noobie and have completed my first build
Looks like you built the Experimental Airlines Noob Tube. It'll fly with the electronics you listed. Have you flown an RC airplane or practiced on a simulator yet? I would not have been able to fly the Noob Tube my first time out. It is not self-righting or stable enough. I needed an airplane that would fly itself if I let go of the sticks when I started flying RC. Simply turning without losing altitude was a major challenge. The 3 channel Tiny Trainer with the glider wing was my first successful RC flight.

Reactions: FDS

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
@okrylan - do you have a 3D printer? that is how I made my firewall.

I will second the Tiny Trainer or at least a polyhedral wing if your new, I had quite a few flights under my belt with my TT with the polyhedral wing before I had good control over the plane and still have moments.

BradDH

I also 3d printed my firewall and control horns, and the tiny trainer was also my first successful airplane. It's really easy to fly, and with the polyhedral wing, its just right for a beginner.

JasonK

You could use the downloadable plans and cut it out of DTFB (Dollar Tree Foam Board) like I did. under $5 to get the foam, rubberbands and BBQ sticks. Biggest issue would be the firewall/control horns (3D printer or getting the correct wood and cutting it out by hand).

BradDH

It worked on mine, but you might have to put the battery further back to counteract the extra nose weight

okrylan

@BradDH Awesome thank you. Ordering it all now. Super excited. overall pricing was steeper than I expected but worst comes to worst I will sell on to another new flyer. Thanks for your help.

JasonK

power pack A was in stock when I put an order in today, I would suggest that for the Tiny Trainer for starting out, it goes plenty fast for learning with a power pack A and a 2 cell lipo.

the motor in a B pack is 3x as much weight, and as The Hanger said, is probably to much engine for the plane.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
power pack A was in stock when I put an order in today, I would suggest that for the Tiny Trainer for starting out, it goes plenty fast for learning with a power pack A and a 2 cell lipo.

the motor in a B pack is 3x as much weight, and as The Hanger said, is probably to much engine for the plane.
It's still in stock - I just checked.

okrylan

BradDH

Ya those batteries and charger should work. Swapping motor will not work out of the box because they use different bullet connectors. If you have some soldering skills, then it will work but you will need to order some more bullet connectors and swap them out. are you planning on getting this exact pack from flite test? or parting it together yourself?

TooJung2Die

Master member
@TooJung2Die @BradDH @JasonK @FDS will powerpack b work on the mini tiny trainer. It is now in stock
It'll work. Just about anything you put on the front of a Tiny Trainer will work. I've flown them with everything from a little 1510/2200KV (under powered) up to 2212/2200KV (too much). My favorite is a 2204/1500KV with a 7x6 slow fly prop. If you buy from Flite Test the A-pack is best. The Tiny Trainer tends to be nose heavy so I like to put the 9 gram servos mid-way back in the tail. That helps the balance.