Decisions, decisions, decisions.

earthsciteach

"This one:http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=14875
" OOOOooooooohhhhhh.....

"Or this one:http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=14502"
AAAAaaaaaaahhhhhhh.....

Well, if buying both is out of the question...
What level of flyer are you? I've recently learned through Pilot294 that the PZ Corsair is a nice beginner airplane. Not sure about the HK version. But, it does make sense the the dihedral on the gull wing provides gentler handling than most low wing planes.

I imagine hand launching of either is pretty doable. It helps to have someone launch a bigger plane for you, as two hands makes for a more stable launch.

Spare parts: If you are a beginner, buy as many as you can! Props will break. Motor shafts will bend. Foam is fixable, for a few crashes, anyway. Get a handful of spare props, if nothing else!

sandblaster

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, after the AXN Floater. Think they will be a nice step up. According to AeroFly it should be doable, after many hours of work, er... playtime, with the Sim. The space to fly is a local grass factory that produces one item- cow pies, so belly landing it has to be. Landing with a three blade prop is one big question I have.

earthsciteach

Buy spares! LOL. As long as you flair nicely, you should be ok. I don't know if it is any worse than a 2-blade prop. A three blade prop probably has less diameter than an equivalent 2 blade, so that's on your side.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
As far as that goes- both of these planes will probably fly better with an appropriate 2 bladed prop.
The three bladed prop on the Corsair would probably be easier to find replacements for than the four blade on the Mustang.

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
The Parkzone planes cost more, but you will never have to worry about finding spare parts ;)
At that price he can buy like 2.5 for the price of the PZ.

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, after the AXN Floater. Think they will be a nice step up. According to AeroFly it should be doable, after many hours of work, er... playtime, with the Sim. The space to fly is a local grass factory that produces one item- cow pies, so belly landing it has to be. Landing with a three blade prop is one big question I have.
If this is your second plane...and the AXN being your fist plane...go with the P-51. NOTHING flies like a P-51, they'll spoil you. For the belly landing, you'd want to use a two-blade prop. I belly land with three blade props all the time, four blade's normally get in the way.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Mustangs... meh.

I found both the Parkzone Corsair, and the GWS Corsair both to be sweet flying planes.

Maybe the up swept wings help with stability. I'd suggest the Corsair as a second plane, if you're going the warbird route.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
BicycleMonkey, I'm surprised in you. For a guy with his name in blue, I'd expect you to go with the navy plane as well...

Fishbonez

Mustangs... meh.

I found both the Parkzone Corsair, and the GWS Corsair both to be sweet flying planes.

Maybe the up swept wings help with stability. I'd suggest the Corsair as a second plane, if you're going the warbird route.

+1 on the corsair. I have not flown one or do I own one but its just dog gone cool

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
BicycleMonkey, I'm surprised in you. For a guy with his name in blue, I'd expect you to go with the navy plane as well...
Yeah, so what's up with my name in blue?

Anywho, I love the Corsair, and yes, everyone and their dog has a Mustang, and no, the Mustang is not my fave plane. You just can't deny how well P-51's fly! They have practically no bad habits.

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor

sandblaster

I have seen some of the "early" HobbyKing "copies" - the F4U as late as last weekend.
There seems to be a big difference in flight characteristics, quality/durability between the old ones and the new improved "Durafly" versions.
My recommendation is to buy the http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=20851 or http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=20852 and strip of the weapons and leave the gear in or to buy the Parkzone.

If those were in the US warehouse, I would jump on one. Sounds like it would be wise to wait. I really do like the features of the new Durafly models. Have been so hoping FliteTest would do a review. Appreciate the first hand information.

bmsweb

Site Moderator
I've flown that mustang for a friend . . actually more like trimmed it out etc. It really flies well (as do all mustangs). It comes with both the 4 and 2 blade prop. It's fast on the 2 blade but very docile with the 4 bladed prop. Nice model, just make sure you get the CG right on it . . its very far forward.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
The original f4u link is the art tech model. It's pretty docile and easy to fly. From my p51 experience, they're a bit more vulnerable to stall than the f4u. The Durafly models are exceptional value for money, but I hear you on the shipping...

PS that PZ p51 is pretty good value! Though I'd sell off the crappy radio gear and use your own

Last edited:

sandblaster

Interesting, one can purchase the new Durafly models from HK, pay shipping to US and come in a few dollars under the damaged box Parkzone unit. Durafly model has more going for it.

Really appreciate the discussion by everyone.

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
Interesting, one can purchase the new Durafly models from HK, pay shipping to US and come in a few dollars under the damaged box Parkzone unit. Durafly model has more going for it.

Really appreciate the discussion by everyone.
Yep, PZ is grossly overpriced. ParkZone had better wake up because companies like Durafly, FMS/Airfield, and Dynam are going to keep stealing sales, especially since their quality has come a long way the past couple years..

Klonas

Personally I'd go with the F4U even though I think the colors are too bright to look scale. But the Mustang looks very scale and would be just as cool as any other Warbird.