Defibrillators

oldalfer

i have a new Defibrillators installed and i was wondering if any one has problems or info flinging or fpb
i user 2.5 gig systems and i dont have any fpb requirement as of yet

Epitaph

Ebil Filleh Pega-Bat ^.^
Mentor
Hi

To be perfectly honest with you, I'n not sure exactly what you're talking about, but I assume it's to do with using 2.4ghz systems when you are wearing a pacemaker. I've had a look, and there doesn't seem to be a definitive yes or no on the subject, but that said, pacemakers don't suffer in our already WiFi saturated world, so I would guess there shouldn't be a problem, and besides, transmitters are bound to FCC laws which would include this. If this is the subject of the question, the best thing would be to ask your doctor or the company that manufacture the defib to be certain.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I don't have a pace maker but I do have a Boston Scientific spinal cord stimulator implanted in me. I have not had any issues with any of the FPV gear not the radio transmitters interfering with it at all. ANY medical equipment that uses an RF signal for control will be tightly managed and tested on what frequencies and harmonic frequencies that could effect them. I have a remote control to change channels as well as signals that the stim produces and that has to be really close within 15-18 inches before the two will even talk. That tells me it has to be pretty well shielded to block out unwanted signals.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
I don't have a pace maker but I do have a Boston Scientific spinal cord stimulator implanted in me.

Wait. Is that where your name comes from? You shouldn't have told me. I'm going to try an remote control you some day. ;-)

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Wait. Is that where your name comes from? You shouldn't have told me. I'm going to try an remote control you some day. ;-)

Sure is mate. I just changed the spelling to match the mental issues that came with it all. But add to that my shoulder has been sewn back together, I have had my neck fused (which is why I don't fly much airplanes and love FPV so much) and you get the complete package.

There is a funny story about that remote thing. After I had the implant I was at a friends recuperating. His children were pretty young at the time and were asking a lot of questions. Anyway being the "friend" he is he told them they should try and take the remote so when I healed they could make me do their chores or make me walk back and forth like a carnival target to throw things at or better yet in the winter they could make me go out and make snow angels

Last edited:

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
i have a new Defibrillators installed and i was wondering if any one has problems or info flinging or fpb
i user 2.5 gig systems and i dont have any fpb requirement as of yet

Hey oldalfer welcome to the forum!

I assume you are talking about an implanted defibrillator yes?

It is unlikely you would have problems with this RC stuff. implanted devices are very well shielded against most EMR. As long as you don't go ramping up your transmitter equipment to several watts and holding the transmitter antenna right up to your chest or something. Although I must suggest you speak to your cardiologist first to make 100% sure...I'm not a doctor just a Biomed.