Delta spinning to the left

toomuchcookies

Hi,

first i'd like to start by thanking the guys from flitetest. I have been watching your reviews, builds and tips for quite a while now and have started to build some of the scratch builds. I did not order the kits, because frankly the shipping cost for Europe is too much. If you aren't able to get a better deal for the shipping, i would like to be able to donate somehow.

To business: i built the delta swappable but have a slight problem: When i push the throttle, the plane starts to move forward but has a drastic drift/turn to the left. When it tries to lift off, it tips to the left and crashes sideways.

I would welcome some advice.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Hi,
welcome to the forum.
I am going to bombard you with questions and the more answers you give the better.:p
First, can you toss the delta with out power, and tell me if it still rolls left?
If it still does, you will want to dial in some right trim on your radio till it glides straight.
If it glides straight power off, then you will want to tilt your motor to the right when looking from behind. you can shim under the mount with washers or wood.
I hope this helps!

tmask32

delta help

Like foam addict said ,set your trim so both elevons are on the same plane ,i mean equal and flat with the airframe. And that you have elevon mixing on your radio , most do , even non-computerized ones like my dx 5e have it. Also make sure your pluged one into elevator and the other alerion. If that didnt help keep in mind that this plane likes to fly at higher speeds before smoothing out, I experianced this same thing , shes just gotta really get movin to fly nice. One last thing ,on the delta, the battery goes towards the rear of the pod to achive proper cg , but also experiment with differnent cgs than just going by the marks, Good luck.

toomuchcookies

Thanks both. I broke my motor while trying to get it to glide. I think the cg might be good, but it seems without the motor turning, that the plane tilts to the left side. I tried placing the battery slightly to the right and was able to float it on one finger (more or less), but then the motor broke.

I have to say, i also still have a motor that is a little bit on the heavy side, so i'm hoping to fix that in the revision..

knife-edge

Hi,

first i'd like to start by thanking the guys from flitetest. I have been watching your reviews, builds and tips for quite a while now and have started to build some of the scratch builds. I did not order the kits, because frankly the shipping cost for Europe is too much. If you aren't able to get a better deal for the shipping, i would like to be able to donate somehow.

To business: i built the delta swappable but have a slight problem: When i push the throttle, the plane starts to move forward but has a drastic drift/turn to the left. When it tries to lift off, it tips to the left and crashes sideways.

I would welcome some advice.

You want to check your thrust angle. It may be pointed to the left, which is the opposite direction you want it to point.