Depron 3D F-22 Raptor control surface + thrust vectoring + propsaver test....!!!

earthsciteach

Very impressive. What is the mix and why do you decouple the thrust vectoring from the elevator at the end of the vid? Post a vid of this thing in the air! A build thread would be great, too.

Remko

Thats the shumate raptor?

Yes, this is the steve shumate F-22 Raptor, but this one is made at 117% of the original plans.

Only i find out the day before yesterday that the CG is a lot more foreward than the plans say it is, and it crashed at takeoff a few times and broke a big piece of the left wing.
But she is all repaired now so i will try again this week..!!

P1060383.jpg

Last edited:

Remko

Here is a video of the crash takeoffs... I used the CG from the drawings but it seems to be wrong with my plane.

and "poging" means "Try" or "attempt"

teflyer

Full Circle
I am a beginner too! :) It is just that I have had a crash for almost every attempted flight in RC.

Last edited:

haris pilton

The shumate f-22 is a beautiful model. I just finished mine and it's waiting for her paint now. I have one question Remco.. did you reinforce your elevators/control surface with carbon or something similar? My elevators are kinda wobbly :( I hope they won't fail me though the plans said that for use as a park flyer it didn't need it. I just don't like the idea of it being so wobbly. Could there be a setting on the radio to prevent them from wobbling? Any answer would be very much appreciated!
thanks in advance :)

Last edited: