Designing a WWII fantasy water jet

Dr. Looping Looie

Elite member
The wingtips are done guys:
3 layers of curved foamboard with paper in the front and back makes them both durable and swimming.
IMAG0238.jpg

IMAG0239.jpg

IMAG0240.jpg

IMAG0241.jpg

Now its ready for paint and cockpit interior. I also wanna build a take-off dolly because it wont get off the ground under its own power.

Dr. Looping Looie

Elite member
Guys, I think about ressurecting this plane, but this time with my new go-to Jet powerpack, swappeble twin 40mm EDF units on top of the wings! The main issue was the lack of the thrust tube, and by having the engines outside the fuselage, thats no longer a problem. Im working on 3D printed EDF powerpods, and I have lots of awesome mini jets in my head, which I hope I can build over the year!

Vimana89

Legendary member
Guys, I think about ressurecting this plane, but this time with my new go-to Jet powerpack, swappeble twin 40mm EDF units on top of the wings! The main issue was the lack of the thrust tube, and by having the engines outside the fuselage, thats no longer a problem. Im working on 3D printed EDF powerpods, and I have lots of awesome mini jets in my head, which I hope I can build over the year!
Great project! I've always liked your builds a lot to begin with,but I'm super stoked at the direction you are experimenting in lately, mini and micro EDF jets are something I've really wanted to get into for a while and have been planning to head in that direction myself soon. I'm playing around with a couple more prop builds to try different stuff and extend my skills, but my next project will be a micro EDF. It will be cool to see what you come up with, and how you make it work. I have no EDF experience yet although I've done research on setting up thrust tubes and stuff.

Dr. Looping Looie

Elite member
We're getting there:
I finally got to print a 40mm EDF powerpod! The cool thing is that you can use it both inside the airplane and in a nacell on the wings. And you mount your thrust tube to the pod so you dont have to worry about that when taking out the EDF.
IMAG0475.jpg

IMAG0476.jpg

I hope that I can make first tests this weekend. Each EDF should have 600 gramms of thrust, so I hope that solves the power issue.

IcedStorm777

We're getting there:
I finally got to print a 40mm EDF powerpod! The cool thing is that you can use it both inside the airplane and in a nacell on the wings. And you mount your thrust tube to the pod so you dont have to worry about that when taking out the EDF.
View attachment 133813
View attachment 133814
I hope that I can make first tests this weekend. Each EDF should have 600 gramms of thrust, so I hope that solves the power issue.

Awesome can you share the files?
Thank you!

Dr. Looping Looie

Elite member

Here we go!
It flies good except for loops. But when I put it on 4s one of the cheap Chinese ESCs went up in smoke and with only one motor left I was barely able to bring it back home. If you still want plans I can do that but it will take a bit of time. I will also keep this plane and replace the ESCs.