Devastator Build

Mutley

How long will it take? TBD...
20191130_114607.jpg

Mutley

Finally sculpted out the canopy. Think I'll paint it green and do an airbrush fade with some hard lines. Also, what would a Devastator be without a Mark XIII Torpedo?
20191211_230457.jpg

Mutley

Still working on the rear fairing, blending the wing trailing edge root to the fuse... The wing was a bit tricky to fold over, but it is now pretty rock solid.

Mutley

I've peeled back the foam board paper, so I can bend the foam board to make the curved sheeting, and reattached printer paper with 3m 77 spray adhesive, coated with spray paint from ace hardware.

Mutley

Some details added, dummy wheels hanging out the bottom just like the old photos. Some Nose Art on the torpedo. I added some blueprint panel lines with the thick Trim Cote. She will be able to drop 3 stores.
20200412_210021.jpg

Mutley

Looks like the Old Man Approves. Decals printed on 8.5" by 11" sticker printer paper at the local Kinkos, Decals found on Pinterest page. Panel lines were trim cote (monokote with a sticker back) The Trailing edge Root Fairings took the longest to sculpt out of the foam board I had. It was a pain. I'm glad she is finally done. 9 gram servos were used, 60Amp ESC, Some 4S Hacker Motor My friend gave me that went in a Tower Hobbies Uproar that crashed 2 years ago.. 10 inch prop?
20191225_125320.jpg