Deviation F7 and Spektrum Compatibility

Captain Video

Hi Folks:
I have a Devo F7 and a Walkera 350 that goes with it. The Walkera doesn't get much air time since I prefer fixed wing craft. I understand that there is a mod for the Devo F7 which makes it work with Spektrum. I have been to the Deviation site and much of the information is greek to me as I am not a programmer. Any thoughts about modding this xmitter would be great!
Thanks

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Devention was basically the early version of the jumper. It was hackable and modable so people were doing things like adding in the other two chips used for common radio protocols. If you look on you tube there are plenty of videos how to hack a devo7 into basically a jumper.

I also have a devo 7 that came with my runner 250. I also had one that came with a helicopter I had tried before I got into multi rotor. The heli had a bad receiver or gyros never did confirm which. I gave the air frame to Jimcr120 as it was a great and well built model. I just didnt know enough about them at the time nor had the money to get it in working order... I ended up keeping one because it works on an old flight sim called Reflex XTR I have. The other was gifted away with my FT Versacopter.

Captain Video

Thanks Psyborg!
Check out the YouTubes. DSM/DSMX mod videos are a little thin. I will keep looking though.
Go Buckeyes!

Captain Video

PsyBorg:
It is a DEVO F7. It is probably four years old. I did find a video which had a mini quad which I know is DSM2/ DSMX. The video was a couple years old. I will watch it tonight to see if might work with a "Nightly Build" file. We shall see. If you have any additional thought that would be great.
Thanks