DGA-6 aka Mister Mulligan Group Build

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Are you going make a clear windshield that’s kick ass.

depends on how much room is underneath to make a faux cockpit somehow. Dont need clear window looking into a gaping hole with spaghetti lab wiring. Was thinking possibly lights as well. Have to see what I have for LED's on various pieces n parts of old thingz.

For general knowledge. What is the diameter and width of the wheels you made?

mayan

Legendary member
depends on how much room is underneath to make a faux cockpit somehow. Dont need clear window looking into a gaping hole with spaghetti lab wiring. Was thinking possibly lights as well. Have to see what I have for LED's on various pieces n parts of old thingz.

For general knowledge. What is the diameter and width of the wheels you made?
I’ll measure the wheels I have made when I get home from work today.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I plan to do the clear windshield too. Is it bad when I choose an Entenmann's treat based on the windshield real estate I need? I plan to FPV the snot out of this when I'm done.
This should help with the Cockpit:
1634136958758.png

from the DGA-15:
1634136481308.png
if we have room to get fancy...
1634136746558.png

Please go to this Model Building link... WOW such Scale details.
1634137117037.png
1634137066533.png

I am wondering though... if it can be 3d printed... then painted. I just re-found my Fusion 360 app... so I might try my hand here.

Here's a Peanut Scale version flying:

1634138327205.png

Baron VonHelton

Elite member
I plan to do the clear windshield too. Is it bad when I choose an Entenmann's treat based on the windshield real estate I need? I plan to FPV the snot out of this when I'm done.

from the DGA-15:

I am wondering though... if it can be 3d printed... then painted. I just re-found my Fusion 360 app... so I might try my hand here.

Don't forget to get some shots from the passenger windows as well. That would be pretty cool.

(y)

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
View attachment 209649
from the DGA-15:
View attachment 209647
View attachment 209648
View attachment 209652 View attachment 209650

View attachment 209653

Its not the choice of using Entemanns treats for the windscreen its the choice of EATING said treats that will effect you.. But chow down brother Bikini season is officially over time for them Turkey pounds to build back up!!!

Baron VonHelton

Elite member
As luck would have it, my cockpits are not yet done. :sneaky:

Attachments

• 385439_ee710e2961cfec869718a733e82cf1d6.png
    385439_ee710e2961cfec869718a733e82cf1d6.png
    654 KB · Views: 0
  • 385443_37a3c63ae69e2da205d1edfd09cef04f.png
    385443_37a3c63ae69e2da205d1edfd09cef04f.png
    632.1 KB · Views: 0

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
@mayan I posted a bunch of new stuff and had some thoughts about changes that might help future builders. I forgot what sections I posted them in but they are there. Mainly about that one thin strip that goes over the former in post #23 in this thread. I also decided to hard mount my entire nose mainly due to a mistake after starting BEFORE coffee was made this morning. Also the clear plastic windscreen is in if you want to see that as well.

cyclone3350

Master member
View attachment 209649
from the DGA-15:
View attachment 209647
View attachment 209648
View attachment 209652 View attachment 209650

View attachment 209653

That instrument panel is nuts! When I did my Dumas conversion (Pics on page 5), I just printed this one out on glossy photo and glued it directly to the kit's panel former. It's not even a Howard. I think it is a Waco.

Attachments

• 1442109840.jpg
    1442109840.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 0

mayan

Legendary member
@mayan I posted a bunch of new stuff and had some thoughts about changes that might help future builders. I forgot what sections I posted them in but they are there. Mainly about that one thin strip that goes over the former in post #23 in this thread. I also decided to hard mount my entire nose mainly due to a mistake after starting BEFORE coffee was made this morning. Also the clear plastic windscreen is in if you want to see that as well.
I had a crazy week with all the phone systems falling numerous times so all week was work from dawn till dawn. Today after cleaning the house I will hopefully have enough time to continue adding more info on the thread as well as mod the plans according to your comments.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!

That took FOREVER to shape to make that work. had to cut it larger and whack off little chunks here and there to make tabs that are embedded into slits on the centerline of the foam. That's not the hard part. Its making them so they are functional yet allowing the flexing and twisting needed to get it in place while causing minimal damage or putting another hard bend in the plastic.
IMG_20211014_084633_597.jpg

cyclone3350

Master member
That took FOREVER to shape to make that work. had to cut it larger and whack off little chunks here and there to make tabs that are embedded into slits on the centerline of the foam. That's not the hard part. Its making them so they are functional yet allowing the flexing and twisting needed to get it in place while causing minimal damage or putting another hard bend in the plastic.
View attachment 209832

I like the windscreen. That is usually what takes me a while to do.

mayan

Legendary member
View attachment 209832
Looks amazing bro!

mayan

Legendary member
Ok so here is what I am still missing as for the build:
*Wheels
*Tail cover

But before that I have a confusion to @kilroy07 to make the decals I found online.
And @PsyBorg here is the measurement of the wheels, their radius is 2.5 inches (bush plane wheels).

Ok so lets go on with how to build the wheels. First make the wire bends exactly as you would make the FT Simple Scout wheels. Once you have that take this piece clear out the cavity and open up the slot for the wire, test the fit, if happy apply glue in the cavity, in the wire slot and on one side of the former and make a C fold on it. Then slide it into the first slot that we didn't cover. Make the other one and slide into the second slot.
4BBBC863-013F-49F3-ACBE-844AA70A8F20.jpeg
9EF4864F-36BE-4FF9-AABF-0B4D7F79D8BA.jpeg
A9524433-24AB-4052-B89D-4B5CD00DC962.jpeg

Here is how I placed my electronics inside if you want to do the same.
BC3B37BD-31A8-486E-8EAB-90B182B91AC3.jpeg
4EB72D25-C176-4935-9422-E04290E9959C.jpeg

Add BBQ swekers to hold the wings.
B26C1089-CB5B-468B-B388-FC444E72F8A3.jpeg

Now take this poster board piece (not sure if it's in the plans, if not let me know I post it), and put tape on one side as so.
9EF642BE-5109-4B37-824F-5277AC3589B0.jpeg

Glue it to one side of the tail, push over and apply a tiny bit of glue on the side of the tail and glue up.
A51D0B41-1DC6-46B8-94D1-06951145717A.jpeg
34DCF3F0-82C1-428A-BF78-BB063F9C26C0.jpeg

Now get a plastic bag or something of that short and wrinkle it up. You'll want place the plastic bag in the tail, apply glue on the former and the other side of the tail and fold over, and hold until dry.
CD76B757-7CE3-4773-BD62-19555E888376.jpeg
68B72A06-BF81-44E5-AF12-B0EF9D7AD26B.jpeg
8B384372-ABD3-46B3-8336-F9971BC182FA.jpeg

I didn't do the entire build on mine with the wheel struts, the wheel pants, etc. so if you want me to let me know.
EAD968E2-053B-4EE0-8FC9-FD29F855839A.jpeg

kilroy07

Legendary member
I think that tail piece is in the plans, but I didn’t see it was poster board, so everyone probably has a foamboard version of it.
🙄

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
@mayan Thank you sir. I am nearly back to where I need to be on the nose and motor mount. Pics tomorrow morning after everything is dry so I can move it around.

I do have a question. Once I put the motor in it seems to me like this is going to be super nose heavy with the battery way forward where the straps are. Have you checked CG now yours has landing gear and electronics? Glide tested? Let us know so maybe if there are changes that need to be made we can do it as we finish up the build process.

Also I am going to guess that second slot behind the gear is for double supports of floats perhaps?

Your completed model looks great cant wait to see the maiden.

mayan

Legendary member
Well you don’t have to use a big battery but if you do slide it back as much as possible I’ve ran a few glide tests with different sizes all seemed fine. But hey I might be wrong :/ honestly I told you I can’t figure this one out (flys weird).

The second slot can be for floats honestly didn’t think of that but i love it. It’s actually for two bbq skewers over which you put the wheel pants on.