Solved Did I just brick my DX 6i ?!?!

Andy.T.

So I might have just done something dumb. I inherited a bunch of various RC stuff from a former co-worker years ago, including a couple Orange RX DSM2 receivers. I've been flying for years with a DX 6i. I noticed, AFTER I tried to bind the 6i to one of the OrangeRX's that the 6i says somewhere on it "DSM X". I presume this is a different, not compatible, comm type or something than the DSM 2 that is...again obviously after the fact on the OrangeRX. The two never bound, obviously I suppose.
So, now when I turn my 6i on, without any receiver of any sort in bind mode nearby, it just beeps like it's trying to bind to something. The screen is mostly blank, except it flashes something like
*** F Mode ***
for just a split second. It's fast enough that I'm not even sure that's what it said. F-mode sure seems apropos though.
Any suggestions or experience is quite welcome! Thanks in advance.

Andy.T.

I guess I shouldn't panic so easily. Didn't know I was usually such a creature of habit w/ my dual rate switches. I guess the 6i doesn't like to turn on if some switches are in certain positions. Oh. And I just set up a plane w/ retracts and flaps; I've never had one of those before, so I don't NORMALLY fiddle with those switchs.
Yup, ID10T error. phew!!

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I have had those stomach sinking feelings a few times over the years. Always good when recovery is possible and it's not a smoke letting ending!

quorneng

Master member
Andy.T.
If your DX6i has the words "DSM" with a big "X" printed to the right hand side of the LED screen then it is compatible with both DSM2 and DSMX. It will work with both Orange and Lemon DSM2/DSMX receivers, indeed I have many models yet only one as an actual Spektrum receiver in it!

Andy.T.

Andy.T.
If your DX6i has the words "DSM" with a big "X" printed to the right hand side of the LED screen then it is compatible with both DSM2 and DSMX. It will work with both Orange and Lemon DSM2/DSMX receivers, indeed I have many models yet only one as an actual Spektrum receiver in it!
Good to KNOW. Thanks!!