Did they do a PodCast at Flite Fest this year?

Burly

Did they do a PodCast like they did last year?

The schedule said they were going to do a Saturday Night Live Flite Test Q&A.
I'm going crazy checking for it.
If they didn't do it...please post...so I can chill.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
They did a Live Q&A podcast on Saturday night. It was live in the sense that there was a "live" studio audience. It was not broadcast live to the interwebs that I am aware of. I would guess that it will be released in a week or two.

Burly

Thanks Sponz,

I did some investigating...
Last year Flite Fest was Friday July 25 - Sunday July27...and they posted the podcast/video on Friday Aug 1.

So, I guess sometime this weekend we'll see this year's.

PeterGregory

CrossThread Industries
Live streaming would be a good service for those of use who are on FT Extra!
Then, post it later in the week, all edited up and nice for the world to see/hear.

Burly

I don't know much about live streaming.

There were mixed reviews of cellular phone service or lack thereof (does cellular even provide the bandwidth to live stream?).

The Furey house probably has WiFi...but the build tent is most likely out of range.
And just think of all the 2.4 Gigahertz traffic already polluting the airwaves.

The most bullet proof method maybe a high bandwidth Internet (cable or ATT U-verse) run to the build tent.
The trick is keeping everything on the copper wire.

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Burly, why didn't you make it this year? I would have loved to have you on as a volunteer.

Burly

Hi, Fred.

Yes, unfortunately this year, I knew I was going to be pressed for time...and might not make it at all.
Actually, I did sign up this year as a pilot, and if I didn't make it...so be it.

As things got close, I was going to try and come up from Columbus on Friday and Saturday...for only a few hours each.
I came up Friday...and didn't even register because I only could spend three hours.
I watched the combat, checked out the vendors, scarfed down a sausage and an ice cream cone, and bought a couple of versa wing planes at the FliteTest Store.
I also purchased a very nice 200 watt glue gun at the FliteTest Store.
(What high-temp hot glue is recommended?...I know a lot has been written about the cloudy bad glue...lol).

I couldn't make it on Saturday...the sunny day.
I had to attend a funeral (was a pallbearer for a fraternity brother who unexpectedly passed away earlier in the week).

Well, I'm certainly loving all the videos that are being posted.
I especially liked the one you posted of Josh's infamous tree house...the one where Josh was viciously attacked by the rabid raccoon...

Anyway, in the face of all the inclement weather, you and the volunteers did a bang up job.
On Friday I arrived as the bales of hay were being delivered and spread.

If next year's event grows at the same rate...I think they may need a bigger venue.

And I'm still chomping at the bit waiting for the Flite Fest Podcast!!!
RC High Flier says it's been posted...but I don't see it on the main site.

Ok...found it....
I think this has happened before...the podcast is on ITunes...but not on the main FliteTest Website.

Timmy P

I've been searching and searching and just cant find it.. Is it still there? I go to the Home page and click Podcast. Latest podcast is #80 "versacopter"