Difference between Tiranis x9d and x9d+

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Not much. The only difference I can see is the plus has haptic feedback which is just a vibe motor to augment the sound feature...think silent mode on your phone.
Either one is a fantastic Tx with plenty of bang for the buck! You'd have to lay out at least $700-1000 to a "big name" radio manufacturer to get all the features in the Taranis. And the Frsky ACCST protocol is very close to FASST in reliability. (FASST is Futaba's current protocol and has become the standard that most radios are trying to reach.)

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
The X9d+ also has adjustable screen colors (white / blue) and I think someone mentioned the speaker is better. Upgrading to a different speaker is on my X9D todo anyway.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
I didn't think the colors adjust, but I might be wrong on that...still. awesome radio for the price! I love mine.

Last edited:
Thanks guy!!! Seems like I should look for some x9d's because they'll be cheaper since the new version came out!!

Anyone selling?

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
Thanks guy!!! Seems like I should look for some x9d's because they'll be cheaper since the new version came out!!

Anyone selling?

I have one I would consider selling. I purchased it from Aloft Hobbies a year ago, and it's still brand new in the box (battery has never even been installed). It was a combo deal, so it came with the travel case and X8R receiver. I was saving it for use with my FPV setup, but I have yet to finish an FPV platform (Blunt Nose versa). I'm also thinking I might upgrade to the Taranis Plus, and that is another reason I never used this one. Where are you located?

Last edited:
Outside of Philadelphia in Pennsylvania. Zipcide is 19403.

How much you thinking? Do you know if it works and if there is anything defective. Have read about a few, I mean like 3, cases where they had defects.

Last edited:

HawkMan

the main, and only reason I wish mine was a plus is that the plus has an internal plug that allows you to add a 6 position rotary switch without sacrificing S1 or S2

the main, and only reason I wish mine was a plus is that the plus has an internal plug that allows you to add a 6 position rotary switch without sacrificing S1 or S2

Well, as of right now I very rarely use more than 1 or 2 switches so that is no big deal for me. Does the plain x9d have a backlight or would I have to add one myself if I wanted one? The haptic feedback isn't a big deal as it would probably scare the sh*t out of me when it vibrated instead of reiterating the speaker. As long as its very well customer approved and accepted in excellence I'm happy.

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
Outside of Philadelphia in Pennsylvania. Zipcide is 19403.

How much you thinking? Do you know if it works and if there is anything defective. Have read about a few, I mean like 3, cases where they had defects.

All I have done, is check the transmitter for physical damage. It has never been powered up, so at the moment, I couldn't tell you if there is anything defective. I hadn't really given the price much thought. Were you interested in the entire combo? I'll do a little research, and get back to you.

Last edited:
If your talking about TX, RX and case than yes I'm interested in the combo

Good luck with the research on pricing. All the ads I've foun are for the x9d+ as the plain x9d is discontinued. This is the original thread started by aloft hobbies about the plain x9d and it has a lot of info on it, over 2000 pages, if you want to check it out.

Last edited:

HawkMan

Well, as of right now I very rarely use more than 1 or 2 switches so that is no big deal for me. Does the plain x9d have a backlight or would I have to add one myself if I wanted one? The haptic feedback isn't a big deal as it would probably scare the sh*t out of me when it vibrated instead of reiterating the speaker. As long as its very well customer approved and accepted in excellence I'm happy.

yes blue backlight on the normal model.

as for switches, I don't use most of them, but the rotaries I do. one for camera gimbal pitch and one for volume, but on a 3 axis gimbal it would be useful there as well. there's so much you can use them for. but I really want a 6 position rotary so I guess one of them has to go :)

A few more questions.....

1. Jaxx, is the Tx revision A or B. I have heard that B is a heck of a lot better and A can be glitchy. It should say on the back of the Transmitter.

2. Does the the normal taranis have a removable module. This is big as I eventually want to get some BNF planes, like spektrum, so being able to get the DSMX or DSM2 module would be huge.
- Okay, found my own answer. While the frsky module is not removable it does have a slot for a JR style module

Thanks!

Last edited: