Different parts same part number

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
WHY can't Hobby King use Revision Numbers on parts that change design or manufacturer.:confused::mad:

I had 3 50A Red Brick ESC's I purchased less than a year ago for a tri copter (the ones with a big red heatsink). I just purchased another to use them on a quad and the part is no longer the same in size, style, heat sink or manufacturer.:mad: The picture on the site is the same as the ones I had so it is what mislead me. So after spending money and waiting for the slow boat from China I find myself in the same position I started, needing 4 MATCHING ESC's.:mad:

Thurmond

Last edited:

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Most irritating.
But as always - you get what you pay for.
If I need spare parts and buy this way - I better get it stored by my self... I dont trust HK to have the parts i buy - "next week".
I really hope that you will get a refund or that it was a misstake and you will get the correct controller after telling them.

Tritium

Most irritating.
But as always - you get what you pay for.
If I need spare parts and buy this way - I better get it stored by my self... I dont trust HK to have the parts i buy - "next week".
I really hope that you will get a refund or that it was a misstake and you will get the correct controller after telling them.

Well, unfortunately for the $11 it cost it is not worth sending back all the way to them. I would just be out the shipping cost and still not have the 4 esc's I need.

Thurmond

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Did you mail them with a photo and the order numbers for the old order and the new order giving you different items?

Tritium

No, I did not even contact them. The part is numbered the same as the old ones and the picture on the site is the same as the old ones. They have simply switched vendors and builds for the part and did not update the description or pictures, so they did send me according to their system exactly what I ordered even though it doesn't match earlier parts of the same number. I will just re-purpose this one for a different project. I placed an order for 4 SimonK flashed 40A ESC's from RC Timer.

Thurmond