Differential thrust question

Mike erwin

So I finally figured out how to get diff thrust going on my dx6e and ar610 receiver but when I fire up the motors one always kicks on before the other but in my controller the inputs are identical what could cause a motor to fire up before the other?? I'm using quad escs and quad motors but I don't think that should have any affect to the results

Pieliker96

Elite member
Have a go at recalibrating the throttle endpoints of your ESCs. This is typically done by going to full throttle on the transmitter while the model is OFF, plugging in the model, waiting for some sort of beeps, then returning throttle to zero, after which the normal startup sounds should play.

It's possible the endpoints for each ESC are calibrated slightly differently, such that the same PWM input value to each corresponds to a different perceived throttle input. ESC calibration is essential for any multi-engine craft.

Musdang

Not Quite Legendary
Have a go at recalibrating the throttle endpoints of your ESCs. This is typically done by going to full throttle on the transmitter while the model is OFF, plugging in the model, waiting for some sort of beeps, then returning throttle to zero, after which the normal startup sounds should play.

It's possible the endpoints for each ESC are calibrated slightly differently, such that the same PWM input value to each corresponds to a different perceived throttle input. ESC calibration is essential for any multi-engine craft.
Or any plane in general really!

Mike erwin

Ok I'll try that i definitely did not try to calibrate them Your probably right bet that fixes my problem didn't do my do diligence