Difficulty binding with my first drone I built, arming a problem too

Dfgraper

Greetings,
I have watched the FT 210 build video a dozen times or so, and think I built my drone correctly. I used a FPV Radiance flight controller - Light up the sky’s and a FrSky D8R-II plus receiver with my FRSky Taranis plus X9D radio. I went through the BetaFlight procedures like in the video, motors ran as expected... then tried to set up radio. Seemed ok, except for the arm switch setup, didn’t have a servos screen. Tried to bind, using lots of versions of modes and number of channels, but finally got one to work, I think. At least it says lost telemetry when I unplug battery and regained telemetry when I plug it back in. Green LED is barely lit, red LED is also on, on the receiver, but that may be normal from what the receiver instructions say. When I plug the usb back in and go to the radio tab, nothing is happening there when I move sticks, try the arm switch etc. I cannot seem to get any response from the drone with the battery plugged in. I am very frustrated after all the time I have spent building this, and the money spent too, and now it doesn’t seem to work. Desperately looking for ideas.
Thanks,
Dfgraper

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Welcome to Flite Test.

That is a common problem with new people and new builds mate. You have to make sure uart 3 (frsky receivers) is selected. Save the page. go to a different tab and then go back to make sure it stayed selected. (another common problem with mismatched versions of gui and firmware) then if that save took you go to configurations tab and set spectrum and Sbus. Save and reboot. At that time you should have a connection between receiver and flight controller and all the inputs should now be shown on the receiver tab so you can complete setup up of centers and end points.

Dfgraper

Welcome to Flite Test.

That is a common problem with new people and new builds mate. You have to make sure uart 3 (frsky receivers) is selected. Save the page. go to a different tab and then go back to make sure it stayed selected. (another common problem with mismatched versions of gui and firmware) then if that save took you go to configurations tab and set spectrum and Sbus. Save and reboot. At that time you should have a connection between receiver and flight controller and all the inputs should now be shown on the receiver tab so you can complete setup up of centers and end points.

I am assuming you are suggesting these changes using Betaflight. I selected the art 3 but I could not figure out to do the other things in configuration. I went back and deselected the first option above art 3, but now I cannot connect at all??? I seem to be making things worse.

I set channel 6 for switch SD for arm, but how does the receiver that is supposed to arm the drone?