Discus launch glider

discus47

Hi all, I'm new to the forum. I'm originally from Zimbabwe, now living in the UK in the Watford area. I have built and flown several DLG gliders back when I lived in Zimbabwe. We have great conditions there with plenty of thermal activity. I'd like to find out how active DLG flying is here in the UK and what the thermal activity is before getting myself another DLG. Any help and advice gratefully received.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Hi all, I'm new to the forum. I'm originally from Zimbabwe, now living in the UK in the Watford area. I have built and flown several DLG gliders back when I lived in Zimbabwe. We have great conditions there with plenty of thermal activity. I'd like to find out how active DLG flying is here in the UK and what the thermal activity is before getting myself another DLG. Any help and advice gratefully received.
My dad Grew up in Zim. Before his family moved to SA. 😀😀Hoe Gaan dit in die Engels se land?

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I would contact the BMFA (British Model Flying Association), they deal with insurance, but also are a regulatory body for RC examinations and have close links to clubs etc across the country who affiliate to the BMFA.
They would probably be the best people to speak to for advice wrt DLG flying in Britain, as they have the most contacts across the model aircraft community here in the UK.
https://bmfa.org/Class1/cid/33/id/70579

RoosFlyer

For Starter DLGers, here is the biggest Group on the Internet of totally Starter DLG resource. We aim to put a Model in the air for under £100 with RC gear and in 24 hours. Model Selection, Building Materials and Methods, Plans, Gluing, Finishing, RC Gear and Installation, Setup, Trimming, Launching and Flying are all richly covered. We also have Experts who will answer your Questions and point you in the right direction. Come and join us, you will be glad you did 😊 DLG / HLG COMMUNITY for Starters by Bob

https://www.facebook.com/groups/235097445497948

Attachments

• Summer2.jpg
    Summer2.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Super Gee3.jpg
    Super Gee3.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 0