Distributors of Shen-Zhen other than Banana Hobby?

earthsciteach

A neighbor asked me if I wanted to buy his crashed (not horribly) "100% RTF" 990mm F6F Hellcat sold by Banana Hobby and manufactured by Shen-Zhen under the Art-Tech brand name. I saw the airplane new out of the box and it was impressive.

I'd like to buy the plane, but the cost of replacement parts for it from BH are insane. They are charging $50 for replacement wings! Does anyone know of another distributor of this plane?

Here's a link to BH:
http://www.bananahobby.com/2127.html

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
Hey Teach, I have seen this plane from BH and as far as I am aware, they are the sole distributor of it. The reason why the wings are so expensive is they will fold for fitting in the box and easy transport. Not saying that it is worth it, but that is why. I wonder if another 990mm wing from another Hellcat would fit it?

You would have to see what the depth of the wing is and see if a replacement may work... Only solution I can suggest.

earthsciteach

Yeah, I've seen that fancy folding mechanism up close. It isn't a $50 thing by any means!

I'm not worried about the wings because I can fix them with no problem. I just feel like BH is ripping off people with parts costs.

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
Yea, they seem to be the same as NitroPlanes. The worst part about NP is they never have the replacement parts.

BH is where I bought my first RC plane, that is the A10 that is in pieces. I wasn't very smart when I started. I do agree they are high on replacement parts, but if you want the stock parts, I think that is the only place you can get them from unless you can find them in China and order from there.

Wish I could be of more help!

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Considering many of the similar airframe only aircraft at NitroPlanes, is only about the price that BH is charging for that wing...

earthsciteach

Thanks, guys. I'm trying to decide what a fair price would be for the plane.

I don't need or want the TX. He can keep that. He threw away the motor, so I'm looking at a 1000 kv replacement from HeadsURC for $25.95. That will give better performance than stock and work well with the stock ESC.

I know I can repair the wings, but probably won't be able to fold them. Can't fly it with wings folded, anyway!

The motor mount is busted and their doesn't appear to be a replacement available. I can make my own or possibly use a stick mount.

Other than that, I've just looking at some scuffs and scratches. Thoughts on a reasonable price to offer?

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
Teach, I wouldn't give more than $40-$50 for the whole thing. There is a lot of work to get it flying again, and it sounds like your friend is frustrated with it.

Not sure if it's a fair price, but for me $40 is okay!

earthsciteach

Bah, the kid is in a bit of a tough situation. He's early '20s, already divorced, 2 kids. I was there when he crashed it. He flew behind a tree and lost sight of it. Crunch!

He doesn't have the interest to fix it. $50 is a bit more than I'd normally pay for it, but what the heck. I offered it and he took it. It won't be too difficult to get in the air. Just order a better than stock motor and props, fabricate a firewall to mount the motor. Pin the one wing in place and she's good to go.