Diving in

Yags

IMG_20160505_220122[1].jpg
Making my entrance into fixed-wing with some plans, some foam, a beer and a Flitetest video! I'm being a little bold with an Arrow, but I'm really excited about it and hoping my few months of 'copter experience will give me a walking-start! Wish me luck!

Ross

You aren't doing it right, the table is too clean and I don't see a beverage either! Here is my progress on my first FT build. Welcome and have fun.

BB8.JPG

Winglet

I have seen several people starting with the Arrow. Their second airplane is usually the Tiny Trainer 3 channel. Welcome to the club!

Yags

The more I read, the more I am getting afraid of the Arrow. I didn't want to put in the effort to scratch build a Mini Trainer, but I'm looking at maybe making a FT Flyer quickly to get my feet wet. Only problem is that I have the Power Pack A for the Arrow, and I'm not sure if the smaller motor and prop will work on the Flyer. It has a surprisingly fat fuselage!

Heavy313

Build a tiny trainer man, once you get the hang of flying with the trainer wing slap on the sport wing, the thing will immelman, stall turn and snap roll for days! Its easy to build and very strudy.
Plus trust me when I say this.... its harder then you think to fly!

Yags

IMG_20160508_184436[1].jpg
I found out that a friend was willing to scratch build a chuck glider, so I gave in and in Flite Test tradition, we built Tiny Trainers together. His glider worked pretty good, and I finished installing my electronics late at night. I'll be doing the first test flight tonight after work!

Only other thing I have to say is, "Just fold it over like this. The table is your friend. That will give you an immense amount of strength." ;)