DIY 50mm EDF Grunjet

OliverW

Legendary member
Finally finished the big grunjet! Balanced perfectly with a 4s 3300 in the nose. Weighs about 2.75 pounds at the moment. Hoping it flies nice!
20201212_221838.jpg

Winglet

I loved it for the 3 minutes it lasted 😆 it had a super low wing loading. I dropped it when tossing it and it just bounced off the ground, and then started climbing on a 45° upline! My plywood reinforcements weren't strong enough for the wrath of a split s though View attachment 186275 View attachment 186276
Oh no! Looks like your EDF is fine. Only real damage is foam board. Take what you learned and try again.

2jujube7

Hey guys,

I'm in the middle of building my first grunjet, (Just got my first EDF for Xmas!) and I can't decide between V-tail and normal. Anyone have a preference from what they've flown?

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Hey guys,

I'm in the middle of building my first grunjet, (Just got my first EDF for Xmas!) and I can't decide between V-tail and normal. Anyone have a preference from what they've flown?
I like the v tail a bit better because it has rudder control and because I feel that it looks better