DIY 50mm EDF Grunjet

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Hello, Is there a build video for this jet? I would really like to make one. I need to bring the plans to staples to make them bigger but not sure how big to make them. I'm guessing the size of the foam board.
No there isn't a build video, I can help you with any questions you have though.
You don't need to make the plans any bigger unless you want to run a larger EDF, the plans right now use a 50mm EDF. If you let me know what EDF you have I can let you know how much you'll need to scale the plans up by.

Zoltenburg

Introducing the Grunjet, a two sheet foamboard performance jet flying fast and sporty, and slows down to a solid run on landings, and is packed with amazing vertical performance, all only costing 80$ built to BNF standards

-Video

-Parts list
two sheets of adams readi-board

FMS 50mm 11 blade EDF 4s version

4s 1300mah 45C

40a esc

three 9g servos

-Review

-Speed
I would say roughly 70mph

-Handling

smooth but fast roll rate with the same tendencies on the elevator which makes a great introduction to jets

-Slow speed
This is one of the strongest points for the design, so it comes in really slow compared to other jets in its class.

-Stalls
A little rough but I have yet to drop a wing

-Aerobatics
This plane doesn't have a rudder so you're limited to basics: rolls, loops, and inverted flight.

-Take offs
You can either do an underhand launch while holding the thrust tube, or my favorite, just plop it on the grass and give it full throttle and off she goes!

-Vertical
Nearly unlimited

-CG

4.5 to 5 in/11.5 to 12.5 cm from leading edge

-Gallery

View attachment 98849

View attachment 98850

View attachment 98851

View attachment 98852

View attachment 98853

-Plans

Grunjet Plans V1.0

-Decals

Grunjet Decals

All most finished with the jet. One question though. What do I do with the esc pod ?

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
I've added the updated plans to the first post, they're now have an updated format which is much better than the previous set of plans. They also include the option to build the plane with a V tail!!
293738_264c8d2493c47eb434b76a5b931a3b32 (1).jpg

dap35

Elite member
I've added the updated plans to the first post, they're now have an updated format which is much better than the previous set of plans. They also include the option to build the plane with a V tail!!
View attachment 167307
I have a spare 64mm EDF (Freewing) that I would like to use. Should I just modify the EDF Tube and Mount, or scale the plans by some factor?

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
I have a spare 64mm EDF (Freewing) that I would like to use. Should I just modify the EDF Tube and Mount, or scale the plans by some factor?
It'd be easier to just modify the thrust tube and mounts, it can handle the extra weight so just modding the thrust tube won't bring up any issues.