DIY Advocacy Videos for Model Aviation

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Out of all this potential for a huge change in the hobby in this thread, that did make me laugh a little.

I was hoping to bring some levity to the conversation.

You know PsyBorg, you have a point. Send Stephan to Congress. If he can't get them up out of their seats, eager to build and excited to fly, no one can.

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Petition to send Stefan to congress with some pre-built stem chuck gliders and some tiny whoops, like to sign!

JTarmstr

Elite member
Petition to send Stefan to congress with some pre-built stem chuck gliders and some tiny whoops, like to sign!

We should start an actual petition. But what if Flite Test got more involved in this? They have a massive store, several events and an airpark opening, they also have almost a million subscribers to their YouTube channel. Their company must be worth a decent amount. and on top of that they are actively recruiting people arround the world into the hobby with STEM. I dont see a reason they cant compete with AMA, to be recognized. It seems to me a lot of AMA clubs adhere to the rules so closely that that many people dont want to fly because nobody likes to be yelled at. Thats one of the reasons I chose not to join the local club.

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
We should start an actual petition. But what if Flite Test got more involved in this? They have a massive store, several events and an airpark opening, they also have almost a million subscribers to their YouTube channel. Their company must be worth a decent amount. and on top of that they are actively recruiting people arround the world into the hobby with STEM. I dont see a reason they cant compete with AMA, to be recognized. It seems to me a lot of AMA clubs adhere to the rules so closely that that many people dont want to fly because nobody likes to be yelled at. That's one of the reasons I chose not to join the local club.
Not only that but they have connections to horizon and other RC companies that are inevitably larger than FT. With the hobby, and their businesses, at stake they definitely have a reason to help. Without the ability to fly we wouldn't be able to partake in the hobby, this leads us to no longer needing to buy anything from them since we can't fly and then they take a HUGE hit because of it. They have their business at stake and the funds to save the hobby, we just have to act.

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
I would love to see FT get picked up by ABC News' America Strong segment.

FT is an example of a Youtube show that has exploded into an international business with product, property and employees. It all started in the American heartland and has since made friends and friendships possible worldwide.

FT resonates with people of all ages who ever dreamed of flying, bridging race, color, creed, sex, nationality, and religious gaps.

PS: Fix the STEM links in the store and highlight where you can buy planes by the case for a classroom of kids. :)