DIY simulator Cable

bapanyabakabon

This past days I've been searching a simulator cable for my FS-I6, and I have found interesting cheap DIY cable, lets get to it
what you need
1. Audio Jack
2. PCB pin ( I dont know the term, but this guy
ramka_617.jpg

3. Audio/mic splitter (this guy s-l300.jpg

you need to connect the top (left audio) and ground to the PCB pin ( just 2 cable)
TRS-Audio-Plug-Connections-2.png
and it look like this
WhatsApp Image 2018-01-30 at 17.37.58.jpeg
now those pin must be inserted the ground cable to ground port (it s the ring), the left audio cable to ppm port
Trainer%u00252Bport%2Bpinout%2B2.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2018-01-30 at 17.43.13.jpeg
if you have 2 port (mic and audio) in your PC/laptop you can pluged in to mic port,
but if you have only 1 port (mic/audio) on your laptop you can basically disabled front panel jack detection and to do that you can using realtek audio manager like this guy https://mirkofpv.blogspot.co.id/ or using this method

Uninstall your audio drivers until you have the Windows default audio driver installed. (High Definition Audio Device 10.0.15063.447 )
Press Windows Key + R
Type regedit, press enter
Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0007\GlobalSettings
Right-click the REG BINARY EnableDynamicDevices, click Modify, and set it to 0
Reboot.

and use this guy s-l300.jpg

hope it will help

Last edited:

agupt108

This past days I've been searching a simulator cable for my FS-I6, and I have found interesting cheap DIY cable, lets get to it
what you need
1. Audio Jack
ramka_617.jpg

3. Audio/mic splitter (this guy View attachment 101372

you need to connect the top (left audio) and ground to the PCB pin ( just 2 cable)
View attachment 101373
and it look like this
View attachment 101374
now those pin must be inserted the ground cable to ground port (it s the ring), the left audio cable to ppm port
View attachment 101375
View attachment 101376
if you have 2 port (mic and audio) in your PC/laptop you can pluged in to mic port,
but if you have only 1 port (mic/audio) on your laptop you can basically disabled front panel jack detection and to do that you can using realtek audio manager like this guy https://mirkofpv.blogspot.co.id/ or using this method

Uninstall your audio drivers until you have the Windows default audio driver installed. (High Definition Audio Device 10.0.15063.447 )
Press Windows Key + R
Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0007\GlobalSettings
Reboot.

and use this guy View attachment 101372

hope it will help
Do you know if there is a way to do this for a transmitter that does not have a ppm port?

Stetonion

Do you know if there is a way to do this for a transmitter that does not have a ppm port?
Can u elaborate a bit, if u don't have a trainer ppm port what else do you have in ur transmitter any audio jack or something like that ?
If u have a transmitter that u get with a RTF, most likely u will not have those, but still if u have a arduino microcontroller and some soldering skills u could use ur transmitter.
I think this video could help u more on this regards

Stetonion

what you need
1. Audio Jack
ramka_617.jpg

3. Audio/mic splitter (this guy View attachment 101372

View attachment 101373
and it look like this
View attachment 101374
View attachment 101375
View attachment 101376

Press Windows Key + R
Reboot.

and use this guy View attachment 101372

hope it will help
A great setup I would say and with ur audio jack splitter idea I could finally connect my Tx to a laptop, but I want to give u a tip try connecting ur pin (which ur are connect to the Tx directly) directly to ur receiver and enable ppm out in your Rx setup menu in your transmitter, in this way u could use ur transmitter wireless 😉