DJI FPV Drone?

outthayr

Anyone get one of these? Looks like a different controller than the air-unit? Not sure I want to drop $2k just yet... not sure I want to drop $1k on goggles, air unit, controller either.

I know I could wire my RX and keep using my Spektrum, is there option for video out from air unit to pick up on Fatshark?

https://store.dji.com/ca/category/dji-fpv-drone

Last edited:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Wont touch DJI stuff with a leppers hand myself.

To answer your question though. No Fatshark analog wont be able to decode the digital and I am pretty sure the Fatshark digital is totally incompatible due to patents and copyrights. They are two separate things really. DJI actually uses two separate TX on different channels to send all the information to reduce lag of converting analog to digital.. transmitting it and decoding the digital again on the receiving end. Not sure what Fatshark does on their new system so I cant help there. Really not interested in expensive digital gear while the hobby is in the process of being reduced to scrap.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
NOOOO! Haha! I enjoy the DJI digital FPV goggles, but the fact that they made something so incredibly weak and advertised it as a “racing drone”, makes me think they should go to the bad place.

Thats the future of FPV if people keep buying DJI products and financing their lobbying in Washington. Just add geo fencing and remote ID and you have DJI's plan to take over the RC world..

Liam B

Thats the future of FPV if people keep buying DJI products and financing their lobbying in Washington. Just add geo fencing and remote ID and you have DJI's plan to take over the RC world..

Hence why I am very open to going back to analog at a moment's notice! Many switch to DJI and start hating on analog, but analog can do a lot of things much better than DJI still. For me, it was the right time and the right reasons to switch, but I still kept some analog gear.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!

grrrr.. I been avoiding the DJI videos.. now yer gonna force me to watch one..

Yup its what I thought. DJI Buddy!#$% the public AHHHGAIN and the new drone is generally and expensive piece of :poop: that is going to be insanely expensive to repair. making it TOTALLY useless for freestyle.. The props in view makes it useless as a high res cinema drone.

Again another reason to NOT buy into the DJI Coolaid party.

Last edited:

Boynextdoor

grrrr.. I been avoiding the DJI videos.. now yer gonna force me to watch one..

Yup its what I thought. DJI Buddy!#$% the public AHHHGAIN and the new drone is generally and expensive piece of :poop: that is going to be insanely expensive to repair. making it TOTALLY useless for freestyle.. The props in view makes it useless as a high res cinema drone.

Again another reason to NOT buy into the DJI Coolaid party.
Hey. Probably, you're right. To my mind, FPV is the worst option as a 1st drone due to price and service/repair cost as you said too. DJI mini 2(review) is too much better as a starter pick. $500 is more then reasonable price while sales period nd the main functions are the same. What do you think about it?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Hey. Probably, you're right. To my mind, FPV is the worst option as a 1st drone due to price and service/repair cost as you said too. DJI mini 2(review) is too much better as a starter pick. $500 is more then reasonable price while sales period nd the main functions are the same. What do you think about it?

There is NO DJI multirotor I would even consider. Wouldn't touch even a free one other then to hand it back to whom ever gave it to me.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin

I actually am waiting on a gen 1 DJI Mini to arrive. It will be my "beater" aerial camera system. I can take it on hikes and not be as concerned about it like I would my $1200 one.

The DJI platforms other than the "FPV" version, are all flying tripods. They're great for taking smooth and steady aerial pictures and video.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Have you tried the DJI FPV system? Not their drones, but the video system.

NOPE. and I never will here is why.

1. The statement "Anyone can fly a drone" is the corporate dribble that started the demise of our hobby. It was irresponsible of them to run that campaign. They KNOW / KNEW the dangers of and potential issues with unskilled and pilots having lack of knowledge and common sense to properly use their products. They could have easily went with a campaign that promoted the hobby over profits. They could have easily promoted it thru the AMA who at the time was the biggest RC entity for the hobbyist. See the catch 22 side of that yet?

Why do you ask did they not do this? Well lets see. They have an even bigger more valuable stake in the commercial UAV side of things so regulating us out of existence or into something they can milk for every penny thru grubment manipulation seems like the perfect Board of Directors corporate dick move to me.

2. They are one of the companies in Washington lobbying to regulate us and force their gear on us under that mandatory "MUST have gear made and maintained by F.A.A. certified companies" thing soon to be phased in. Every piece of gear you buy and use from DJI not only helps to finance this but you are also a FREE test bed for them to prototype crap like the DJI FPV drone that will be forced on us thru regulation. So yes THAT is what the industry is fighting in Washington to force upon us. YOU (anyone using DJI) have literally pushed yourselves out of a safe hobby and into forced oppression.

3rd... This is an EFFFING "J" pronounced JAY..... THIS is an EFFING "G" pronounced GEEE THERE IS NO EFFING LETTER G IN THE NAME DJI. the amount of shear illiteracy of the pilots using the brand proves how they are focusing on dumb sheepole to further their agenda.

So to sum things up. I don't give two :poop:'s if DJI gave us IMAX level flying video system that actually worked I will not back a company that unethical in what they do. PERIOD.