DJI Naza V2 Issues with 1200mm Octo.

S.A.R.Dronic

hey folks, i have a 1200mm custom Octo build that i have flown many times before, just recently switched the FC to a DJI Naza V2 from a KK2.1.5 and previously an APM2.8. The DJI, after an hour of checking setup settings and calibrating everything and double checking that everything wrote properly, the copter still flips violently on attempted take off, the compass and GPS get calibrated before every attempt and sometimes it says GPS Magnetic interfereance, ive now taken a break to hit the forums and get some ideas.

1200mm Tarot Frame
1755 Rotors
300kv Gartt Motors
40a Opto Esc
DJI Naza m V2
2x 6s Lipo in parallel

any comments and help would be appreciated granted all the basics i have run through so i may have tried your suggestion but still good to post

Attachments

• 1115181612a.jpg
    1115181612a.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 0
  • 1113181218.jpg
    1113181218.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
All long shot ideas:

I’m going to assume that you’ve verified the motor rotation direction in the DJI assistant and that each motor is spinning the correct way.

Naza flight controllers need to be as close as possible to the centre of gravity. In your photo I see it’s centred X/Y, but I’m wondering if it’s too high (Z). If that’s the case it’s miss-reading its roll inputs and may be over correcting.

Is your GPS antenna pointed in the right direction? The wire going into the antenna should be facing forward. Likewise the FC is directional and has an arrow on it pointing forward. Also verify that the location of the GPS antenna is properly measured from the FC.

There used to be a great wiki about the naza controllers but it’s gone. I think the DJI site still has documentation that is ... kinda helpful... sorta...

Another idea just came to me, I wonder if the the naza isn’t big enough for your drone. I’ve included a screen shot from below that mentiones if your aircraft is above 650mm or “heavy” then you should go to the WooKong or other controller. You may need an A2 or A3.

A632BECD-881C-48A8-833E-D2278A8F9283.jpeg

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
If it flips violently compared to this the solution is simple.

This crazy behavior was due to I originally mounted the fc rotated 90 degrees and wrote the change but forgot in a rewire that I put the fc back to normal and did not tell it.

Besure your fc orientation is in line with your motor mapping.

S.A.R.Dronic

yes everything is spinning in the right direction
Another idea just came to me, I wonder if the the naza isn’t big enough for your drone. I’ve included a screen shot from below that mentiones if your aircraft is above 650mm or “heavy” then you should go to the WooKong or other controller. You may need an A2 or A3.

View attachment 119043
yeah, but the specs work ouyt, and ive flow large copters with the v2 before, so i dont think its that, but could be. if the kk can fly it that the naza should. and yes things are spinning properly and the center of grav issue isnt it as when i first tried it i had the fc under the top plate then for the second try after fixing and reprograming i mounted it above. i feel like its the compass/gps unit malfunctioning. ill try a few more things and repost progress thanks

All long shot ideas:

I’m going to assume that you’ve verified the motor rotation direction in the DJI assistant and that each motor is spinning the correct way.

Naza flight controllers need to be as close as possible to the centre of gravity. In your photo I see it’s centred X/Y, but I’m wondering if it’s too high (Z). If that’s the case it’s miss-reading its roll inputs and may be over correcting.

Is your GPS antenna pointed in the right direction? The wire going into the antenna should be facing forward. Likewise the FC is directional and has an arrow on it pointing forward. Also verify that the location of the GPS antenna is properly measured from the FC.

There used to be a great wiki about the naza controllers but it’s gone. I think the DJI site still has documentation that is ... kinda helpful... sorta...