dl fling no work(dlg) need help

jack111

when i launch it it goes up and down like a rock. how do I make it work. it goes ten feet then stall (not a tip stall) how do i make it work?

Capt_Beavis

Posted a thousand or more times
It sounds like you may have trim (or CG) issues. What happens when you toss it like a paper plane?

Capt_Beavis

Posted a thousand or more times
I am a noob at DLGs but mine does a nice glide when I get it a gentle toss. it may need some down trim.

edfjockey

This sounds similar to a problem I had with a scratch built alula style. Do you have a good programable radio and does your DLG have flaps or flaperons? if so you may need to do what I did and add 5 degs of negative flap (flap above main wing) this will stop the wing from rising full force but will force it to level out without stalling at a higher speed launch. Just remember to switch it to 0deg as soon as it's up and stable or you will dive and rise like your porposing and lose altitude fast. Mines on a three position switch so that I can add flap in a thermal. Won't work with yours if you don't have flaps though, if you do and can program your radio, try it.

jack111

thanks for all the support, i just ballenced it and it is a little tail heavy. do you know of any small thing that is heavy

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Modeling clay, pennies, paperclips, lead fishing weights . . . all depends on how much weight you need.