DLG - ad-hoc

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
This is my DLG. Done ad-hoc using the ironing tapering method.
IMG_20190414_143637991.jpg
Design is on the fly as per @flyboa and @bracesport.

I took it to be 27" wide per wing half and 5" chord. Using the leftover for the V-tail. I am putting a 5g and 2.5g in the toothbrush pod.
IMG_20190414_143655828.jpg

Fidget

Is that one sheet of foam board thick?
Tried the ironing method yesterday for the first time and really like it.

FoamyDM

@Fidget , The wing is two sheets thick.
I am still debating the V-tail vs. straight horizontal/vertical fins. There is enough left to build them. I love the look of V-tail. As it's my first DLG, I should stick with simple.
IMG_20190417_080315005.jpg

FoamyDM

So I ironed the bottom and top but then peeled the top layer's paper off so it would form the curve better, but the bottom would remain stiff. I may have to redo the center... It is as tight as it could be....
I swear I took more picture... If I find them, I will post.

FoamyDM

Here's one ...
IMG_20190414_152620237.jpg

Below is the ironing action shot. It put the foam tot the edge of the iron. To get the correct angle easiest.
IMG_20190409_072521731.jpg

FoamyDM

Yesterday:
I was planning to use a travel toothbrush container as a pod and found it to be not big enough in every way to put it in the pod like I wanted. I though about using micro 1.7g with a Micro receiver, (and may still go for it after my shop is done) but I would prefer to keep to the receiver set for my main radio. (I'm not sure the range on the micro receiver.)
Last night:
I looked through my NNtigerMicroMoth, and notice I had a number of VERY small ultra Micro Emax Servos, that JUST fit into the Toothbrush holder. Which Means, I spent last night rigging it all up. It is CRAMPED in there... I want to add FPV, and while there IS enough room for a camera, there isn't as I have it stuffed. and I'm not sure how I can make more room either. I will check CG and weigh it. right now it is two channel running on 1S 300mAh lipo the RD6S receiver, 2.5g emax servos. and an arrow shaft. I will also take pictures.